My Holiday Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Folks at work are already requesting smoked turkeys and BBQ. So I redid my list and marked stuff UP to make it worth my time. It makes you feel good when people ask you to cook for them.

What do you guys think? I know none of us would pay these prices, but people that don't cook will and I am going to have fun doing it!

12-15 lb Whole Smoked Turkey - $50
12-15 lb *Whole Smoked Turkey 4 vacuum sealed bags - $65
5-6 lb Smoked Turkey Breast - $45
5-6 lb *Smoked Turkey Breast (2 boneless portions vacuum sealed) - $55
1 lb **Smoked Maple "Fatty" - $10
1 lb **Smoked Spicy "Fatty" - $10
4-5lb Whole Slow Smoked Beef Brisket (sliced) $50
2 lb Grilled London Broil Sliced -$25
2 lb Slow Smoked Pulled pork $20
2 Racks Slow Smoked Spare Ribs $40

I intentionally left hams and chicken off the menu, just cuz.

Are you kidding me....I would pay $75 for a smoked turkey. I dunno....for CA those prices are cheap. Seriously need to offer tri tip though. My two cents.

Get a Big Easy and add Deep Fried Turkeys

Menu looks good man.

I wouldnt be able to get that here either... but If you can get it..by all means get all that you can..

The menu Looks great.. The only thing I'm offerin is Whole Turkeys..

We can and do get that here in Northern Virginia. I'm closer to Metro DC and could probibly charge more but I'll steal those prices for now. lol

Burnt Food Dude said:
Isn't the brisket price a little low?

Could be higher I suppose, but I'm more than tripling my cost at an average $11.25 per lb when I'm paying $3.49lb for a flat. Now if I get Bill TGG to get the packers from Sams for me for even cheaper and I keep the point I'll be making even more. Last time I brought a packer it was about $1.89lb. :LOL:

I dono larry A local BBQ joint here in BR charges $23 for a 12 to 14lb turkey, $28 for a fried same weight, Hams 6lb $35, ribs $8.50 lb. Now for their party packs - buns briskit qt of each beans,slaw &pot salid $52 with sauce plates & utinsils to feed 12. This is the oldest BBQ place in BR
est 1954,
Jays BBQ in BR is the only one I recomend other than MY house

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Burnt Food Dude":wb6dssax]Isn't the brisket price a little low?

Could be higher I suppose, but I'm more than tripling my cost at an average $11.25 per lb when I'm paying $3.49lb for a flat. Now if I get Bill TGG to get the packers from Sams for me for even cheaper and I keep the point I'll be making even more. Last time I brought a packer it was about $1.89lb. :LOL:[/quote:wb6dssax]

No can do amigo. Our Sams doesnt cary them as whole packers any more. I have to order them from a local butcher if I want whole. :cry:

You're gonna be busy Larry.. Be carefull. Thank again for your help. You da man!!! Keep up the good work :D

Prices look about right for the most part to me also. Although, I wouldn't preslice the brisket though. Has a tendency to dry out in my opinion. I would cool / reheat whole, and explain to the customer how to slice it. Or, at the most, seperate the point from the flat and give them a starting cut on each section so they know which direction to slice.

Tim

007bond-jb said:
I dono larry A local BBQ joint here in BR charges $23 for a 12 to 14lb turkey, $28 for a fried same weight, Hams 6lb $35, ribs $8.50 lb. Now for their party packs - buns briskit qt of each beans,slaw &pot salid $52 with sauce plates & utinsils to feed 12. This is the oldest BBQ place in BR
est 1954,
Jays BBQ in BR is the only one I recomend other than MY house

JB they buy a whole lot more meat at one time and they can also cook a whole lot more at one time. Their volume justifies their costs. I'm just the little man in the business world.........

CarolinaQue said:
Prices look about right for the most part to me also. Although, I wouldn't preslice the brisket though. Has a tendency to dry out in my opinion. I would cool / reheat whole, and explain to the customer how to slice it. Or, at the most, seperate the point from the flat and give them a starting cut on each section so they know which direction to slice.

Tim

Tim I gotta pretty good method with the briskets I sell. I cook them as usual, cool and then refridgerate still in the foil overnight. Then slice cold and vac seal, turns out pretty darn good for a reheated brisket. 90% of the juices are sucked back into the meat and won't come back out when slicing cold. The customer would massacre it if I left it up to them to cook. Plus the customer wants as less to prepare as possible! :LOL:

It is hard for me to quote a price with a good margin built in. The few times I have had someone ask me I thought cost x2 was GREAT, then I was wandering around in Sam's and noticed that they had mass produced brisket flats for like, 50 bucks.

Larry I would say your prices are what people are paying these days. Don't sell yourself short.

i would charge more for the turkey (i think the maket might bear that, especially for good quality)....i did a 14-pounder last year for a friend of mine's parents and charged him the "friend" price of 40 bucks...he came back later in the evening with an xtra 20 dollars that his parents gave me 'cause they liked it so much and thought they didn't pay enough! :shock: i was gonna do them this year, but i'm laid up with some compressed vertabrae (fell off my deck)....i was going to charge $70....would work out to 5 bucks a pound, still a lot cheaper than in the grocery stores around here....one place was getting something like 8 bucks a pound last year....

Rob

Well I figure once the turkey wars begin I'll be able to get turkeys anywhere from $.29-.49lb. So if I charge $50 for a whole and $65 for the cut up, I'll be making enough to cover all my costs plus put enough for "Me" to feel satisfied in my pocket. Afterall, I'm doing something I love to do everytime I light the smokers. If I were doing this to actually make money I would buy a much bigger smoker and mass produce.

Back
Top Bottom