My dad's surgery UPdated!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Tomorrow morning, my dad will be undergoing surgery to remove tumors in his lungs. At this time, the doctors are not completely sure of how the surgery will be done. They will make 3 incisions and run a camera in to get a good look at them. If the tumors were caused by the colonorectal cancer he had, then they will be able to remove them through those 3 incisions and he'll be in ICU for 3 days. If the tumors are caused by lung cancer, then they'll have to make a large incision and remove 1/3 of his lobe and he'll be in ICU for 5 days. The doctors have forewarned him that this is one of the worst surgeries you can have........much worse than the surgery to remove part of his colon several years ago. After all this is taken care of, then it's likely he'll have brain surgery to remove a slow-growing benign tumor.

Please keep him in your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Allie I'll keep your dad and your family in my prayers. Hang in there and stay strong!

I pray Gods will be done during your Dad's surgury and recovery. Keep praying. We are all here for you too, so don't resitate to ask for support.

SS aka Lyndon

I'll definatly be saying some prayers for y'all .. we've had 4 people at work pass on from cancer this year alone .. Definatly not something anybody should have to go through!

Thank you all so much. If all goes well today, I will talk to my mom on the phone tonight after she returns home from the hospital. My dad requested that she go home and try to get some rest in the evenings since he'll be in ICU. I'm sure if anything happens, she'll call me from the hospital. See I live 15 or so hours away from them and they requested that I not even try to come down for the surgery but stay home and take care of my family instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom