My Dad...update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Dad started his chemo treatments yesterday. He has 27 treatments in all...one a week. He had more bloodwork and contrast CT scans to show any tumors. During his surgery, there was a matasticized(?) pancreatic cancer tumor that had spread to his liver...that was removed, the liver fully examined and pretty much his entire pancreas removed. The contrast scan taken last week showed no further tumors present on his liver nor elsewhere, at this point. He has gained 24 lbs back and is in pretty good spirits...until the side effects hit him I imagine. Other than that, the oncologist is very encouraged by what he is seeing but he is by no means out of the woods. Keep the prayers coming...they're working. And huge thanks to all...you're the best!! ;)

Kevin,

My sister went through a similar chemo regimen when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. There are some great anti-nausea medications that have been developed recently to aid in reducing the effects of chemo. Her doctor prescribed one for her and it virtually eliminated any of the nausea that has been linked to chemo treatments throughout the years.

Just thought I would pass along the info, perhaps he could ask his doctor about these medications.

Good luck to your Dad and my thoughts are with him and your family.

My dad had no problems with getting sick when he went threw this crap with cancer. (twice :roll: ) Good luck Kevin, hope all goes well! Kind of sounds like he's bouncing back good. Hope he will be back up to snuff in no time. I know the stress. Hang in.

Pigs

Best of luck to your Dad and family Kevin. It's encouraging that he's gained 24 lbs back.

Keep us posted and we'll keep up with the prayers!

Dallas

Bruce B said:
Kevin,

My sister went through a similar chemo regimen when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. There are some great anti-nausea medications that have been developed recently to aid in reducing the effects of chemo. Her doctor prescribed one for her and it virtually eliminated any of the nausea that has been linked to chemo treatments throughout the years.

Just thought I would pass along the info, perhaps he could ask his doctor about these medications.

Good luck to your Dad and my thoughts are with him and your family.

They actually started the regimen with anti-nausea IV and will continue this throughout. Checked in today and still no problems...fingers crossed.

Well think I already prayed for Dad and the prayers seem to be working. I'm in the Praise Mode:) Said some more prayers too just to be on the safe side. I normally don't pray for stuff but once. If a person prays 10 times for the same thing..have they not prayed at least 9 times in unbelief?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom