my Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
In late October I had a bad chest cold that just kept hanging on. Finally, around the middle of December I went to my family doc complaining of a lack of stamina and shortness of breath A few minutes with his stethoscope, and he exclaimed the problem wasn't my lungs as I thought. I had an irregular heartbeat. The following week started with an EKG, followed by a nuclear treadmill stress test, and then the coronary catheterization. Long story short, I had 3 major coronary arteries that were more than 90% occluded. The good news was there was no heart muscle damage, and I had had no heart attacks. I went into the hospital here in Anchorage on Dec 21, had 3 artery bypass surgery on Dec 23, and home on Dec 29.

Doc estimates a return to work in 6 weeks. I think it is going to be sooner since I can set my own schedule and work a couple hours a day initially.

sounds pretty serious..I'd invite you back to Myrtle to warm up, but we're getting in the 20's tonight. of course, that would probably be a warm up for you.

get healthy my friend.

Sorry you had to spend your Christmas in the hospital, but I'm glad you got good care, in time and are home recuperating now. If the doctor says six week take six weeks, enjoy the cold weather :D

Wow Griff, here I thought my family being sick with the stomach bug over Christmas was a big deal. You take care of yourself. Don't let anyone talk you into just sitting around.

Great news on getting fixed up. Had a neighbor who got the three holer. He claimed to feel like a twenty year old when he got healed up..which he thought came from getting blood to some areas which was not used to getting any. He bought a new Corvette and ran off with a good looking 30 year old meth ho. Don't get too rowdy:)

Well if Griff is laughing half as as hard as yall got me laughing I would surely hate to be Griff...still sore from bypass surgery. That is krewlish and unusual punishment. It might make him pop out his staples or something. Somebody is going to get a few extra years in Purgatory over this deal most likely.

Well I don't think they had Krazy Glue back when Mr. Dumpty had his issues. Hopefully Griff will stay stuck. I would be careful around the finger nail polish remover. That stuff make the glue loosen right up.

Gary in VA said:
Glad it all worked out for you Griff. hope you are better soon.

Did the Doc say it was any way related to the Toe Shot?
Couple toes lodged up in the vena cava is what I was thinking. :shock:
Griff, were all toes accounted for after the shot?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom