My Attempt at making Stromboli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
Last night I attempting making Stromboli. I followed the recipe below for the dough and filling. I forgot to put the basil and oregano (it was sitting right next to me). I used my own sauce. I did add a little sauce in the Stromboli. The Stromboli that leaked a lot of cheese was wrapped like the instructions. The one with only a small leak was wrapped at how I thought it should be. Next time I need to work on the wrapping. Over all they tasted really good. I'll be eating the second one tonight.

http://www.pizzamaniac.com/index.php/ar ... stromboli/

Wow! That looks awesome. Did you use All Purpose flour? I'm not quite sure if my store sells flour under the term "High-Gluten Flour".

Thanks for sharing.

kylew3 said:
Wow! That looks awesome. Did you use All Purpose flour? I'm not quite sure if my store sells flour under the term "High-Gluten Flour".

Thanks for sharing.
Bread flour is high-gluten flour. Supermarkets usually have at least Gold Medal Harvest King Bread Flour and Pillsbury Best Bread Flour.

--John

Thanks Unity. I have bread flour....just didn't know it was also referred to as high-gluten flour as well.

I'm thinking Friday night will be Stromboli night!

kylew3 said:

Thanks for sharing.

I did you this flour Gold Medal Harvest King Bread Flour. If you can find King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour get that. I can't find it here.

Looks great CG. I have seen it made in a jelly fassion before. It may be easyer to do like that

Tannehill Kid said:
I'm going to give one of those a try. Any suggestions for a first timer.

When you make the dough put all the liquid in then add the flour gradually. You may not need all the flour or you may need more...it depends on the weather. You want the dough to just past the wet stage. You also don't want it to be DRY. Just slightly dry to the touch. I take it out of the refrigerator about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before I form the dough.

I'm still trying (learning) to make good pizza dough.

Back
Top Bottom