Muffaletta Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Bought some Italian Olive Salad from the grocery when we went to visit JB to make Muffaletta Sandwich with. Yesterday I went to the Italian Market nearby and picked up some salami, ham, capacola, mortadella, provolone and mozzarella. The only thing lacking is the Italian Bread so I improvised and had to make it on onion rolls.

Brushed the rolls with a little EVOO, that's extra virgin olive oil for all you folk in Virginia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , assembled and dug in....ENJOY!!!!

I read somewhere that if you weren't dropping olive salad off the sandwich and dripping olive oil when you bit into it, you didn't have enough of either on the sandwich....I had plenty.

Bruce B said:
Brushed the rolls with a little EVOO, that's extra virgin olive oil for all you folk in Virginia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , assembled and dug in....ENJOY!!!!

EVOO?? We call we use in Virginger is 10W30! That's Valvoline for the Motor City Muffalletta KING!!

That is a killer looking sandwich Brucie!

Look fine Bruce realy fine. The muff bread down here has simi hard crust you can also griddle the sandwich or use a sandwich press to really make crusty runny messy Muff

007bond-jb said:
Look fine Bruce realy fine. The muff bread down here has simi hard crust you can also griddle the sandwich or use a sandwich press to really make crusty runny messy Muff

STOP, I'm becoming aroused. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
[quote="007bond-jb":2v69w6w8]Look fine Bruce realy fine. The muff bread down here has simi hard crust you can also griddle the sandwich or use a sandwich press to really make crusty runny messy Muff

STOP, I'm becoming aroused. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:2v69w6w8]

Bruce you gotta always be careful while eating a Muffalletta,that a Muff Diver doesn't swoop down and steal it! They're sneaky bastards!

it does have more meats on it but what really makes a muff is the olive salad . the central has a very good one , hints not the need for that much meat cause ya dont want to hide all the flavor's that are in a Muff .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom