Mud Bug Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
swampsauce said:
$140 for 30lbs crawfish and 2 dozen boudin balls. Shipping was the killer. Again I am glad I have done it once.

For the last boil I done live CF was $1.59 a lb.

Shipping is the killer, Yall could do a tag team drive down here in one of them made in japan vehicles that get 100 miles to the gallon.

Load that sucker up with CF & ice, than drive home with like 200 lbs. of CF.
Then split the gas 4 ways,

Just remember the peak season done passed so prices will start rising
Oh yeah, don't forget the ice... 200 lbs gonna need about 100 lbs of ice to make the trip back upstate.
They hibernate or sleep when iced down. They don't live long out of swamp water or without ice

007bond-jb said:
swampsauce said:
$140 for 30lbs crawfish and 2 dozen boudin balls. Shipping was the killer. Again I am glad I have done it once.

Shipping is the killer, Yall could do a tag team drive down here in one of them made in japan vehicles that get 100 miles to the gallon.

Oh yeah, don't forget the ice... 200 lbs gonna need about 100 lbs of ice to make the trip back upstate.
They hibernate or sleep when iced down. They don't live long out of swamp water or without ice

That sleeping scared the crap out of me!!! I did exactly as you said. When we were ready to start washin, only bout 2 of them were moving. You talk about a sinking feeling. Went ahead and and started washin and after 5 minutes had a bunch of pissed off bugs. only 5-10 were dead. They were some DIRTY little fellers too. I think we paid $1.89 per pound BEFORE shipping.

swampsauce said:
007bond-jb said:
swampsauce said:

That sleeping scared the crap out of me!!! I did exactly as you said. When we were ready to start washin, only bout 2 of them were moving. You talk about a sinking feeling. Went ahead and and started washin and after 5 minutes had a bunch of pissed off bugs. only 5-10 were dead. They were some DIRTY little fellers too. I think we paid $1.89 per pound BEFORE shipping.

You allways will have some dead ones due to handling,

Prices are on the rise due to end of season.

Why do ypu think we call em mud bugs? Here in the swamp you can't see your hand under 2 inches of swamp water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom