Mothers day Brefast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
JUst got this recipe. Basically kicked up french toast stuffed with grilled bananas. (I did em on the skillet)

img_187787_0_156fd1ca178775dda541499a97deac47.jpg

img_187787_1_4ac88d5cadac1f6066db025eeaa84fd9.jpg

img_187787_2_232dbd439827a3b7280cfc9a634eab20.jpg

img_187787_3_1480b9e8198f59833a168d723948fbcd.jpg

img_187787_4_ba6744c45f914897c1eb4ec66f8505e0.jpg

If ya cant tell Im a fan of powdered sugar.

Ill post the recipe this afternoon sometime. Takin the wife and kids to go see David Copperfield today at the Buell theatre. I cant wait!

I didn't even know that guy was still alive. Turns out he's coming here on Friday and Saturday. Sounds kinda fun but is it worth 40 bucks a ticket?

Sorry Cappy:

Just a Guy - The show was pretty damn good! He's definatly got an EGO but the man is friggin smart and good at what he does. We were in the balcony section too - show was still great. If you've never been to see a LIVE magic show - it will leave an impression on you. Being somwhat a magician myself I would say DEFINATELY shell the $$ for it, its worth it. Im not really a Copperfield type a guy either lets get that straight too. hahaa. If he plays a stage that is small it wont be as good. The Buell (today) holds 2225 people just to give an idea. Go fet tickets so your not in the balcony.

dollarbill said:
Sorry Cappy:

Just a Guy - The show was pretty damn good! He's definatly got an EGO but the man is friggin smart and good at what he does. We were in the balcony section too - show was still great. If you've never been to see a LIVE magic show - it will leave an impression on you. Being somwhat a magician myself I would say DEFINATELY shell the $$ for it, its worth it. Im not really a Copperfield type a guy either lets get that straight too. hahaa. If he plays a stage that is small it wont be as good. The Buell (today) holds 2225 people just to give an idea. Go fet tickets so your not in the balcony.

I've spent alot this week, so maybe we'll do it. I could use a show these days.

page 130 food network mag may issue.

Recipe,

6 large eggs

1 cup whole milk

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup frech orange juice

2 tblsp vanilla extract

2 tblsp cognac

2 tblsp granulated sugar

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

pinch of fresh grated nutmeg

8 slices Texas Toast

3-4 large ripe Banana's

2 tblsp unsalted butter melted

3 tblsp vegetable oil

powdered suger to top with

whisk together eggs milk cream orange juice vanilla cognac sugar cinamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.

place bread in 2 shallow baking dishes in a single layer.
Pour the mixture over the bread and let soak for 10 minutes.
while the bread is soaking pre heat a skillet / grill to 350* brush the bananas with the butter and heat until golden on all sides and juices are flowing out...about 3-4 minutes.

Wipe skillet / grill clean. cut into 1/2 inch pieces. ( i tried to do some on a bias and some strait )
Brush skillet with vegetable oil.
Remove bread and let excess drip off. Put on cutting board, top with banana slices and add a top to it and put on skillet. Place a press or heavy pan on top and let cook for about 3 - 4 minutes each side or till golden brown. Add powdered sugar for garnish.

I think thats all of it there. Next time I'll cook 1 piece of bread on one side then flip it and add banana to the center - then cook the top piece before adding to the top. I think it will make it ALOT better and crunchier. Good Luck...post pics.

Go get your tickets so your not up in the balcony....its still a great show.....I responded in the br but had to delete cause it was the wrong thread. :oops:

Well Yummm, Man that looks great. I had SOS this morning :cry: & I'm hungry again after seein that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom