More Car modifications.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
My Guru's back at ThermaMegatech getting the power supply fixed. I'm too damn lazy to cook without it these days.

So.... it's engine modification time. This is BBQ - 4U , the site where BBQ and Automotive expertiese come together right?

Well anyway pics to follow but I just finished installing a cold air intake system. New, less restrictive intake tube either this PM or tomorrow.

Just think how fast I can get to the butcher shop now!!!!

Rob, do you know anything about that "Tornado" thingy that goes in your air intake thingy...supposed to give you %20 better fuel mileage and some more HP'S ???...

Greg,

You mean this one:

http://www.autobarn.net/torfuelsav1.html

Sounds like snake oil to me. There are a couple of guys on my car board that are watching it. Eventually somebody will give it a try.

My thought is if it really worked (at least the horespower claim) they'd publish a dynomometer run. They haven't as far as I've seen. Why? For $100 bucks the advertising would pay for itself real quickly.

What is snake oil?? I got some speakers replaced at a mod shop in Cleveland on Thursday and I saw it in their display case...I didn't ask the owner about it becuase he wasn't going to give the a straight answer...for speakers I trust him..not for this stuff...seems gimmickie to me...

Snake oil is what the traveling hucksters in the old west used to sell as "magic elixir's". Cure alls. Then high tail it out of town.

It's come to mean a product that's big on promises with little to back it up.

As far as this product goes I don't know. I don't know the first thing about flow dynamics. In fact I don't even know anyone who knows anything about flow dynamics. As such I just can't comment about whether this thing makes the engien any more efficient.

What I do know is more air is (generally) good for making more power. And that is what I want power :evillaugh:

That's why I did the cold air intake and will be changing out my intake tube for a less restrictive one. Down the road I'll probably do a plenum or a spacer or both.

My hunch is that none of these modifications is going to be very good for my MPG. More air in the mix means more fuel gets added means more power but more gas burned. Or something like that.

Can't wait till my guru's back. Then I can have a rack of ribs wating for me when I get done with all this hard work.

Rob O,

Do a google on TORNADO FUEL SAVER, there is a ton of information and comments about the product....mostly negative.

GlennR said:
greg- eff the tornado fuel saver and get yourself a K and N air Filter. Won't save you much gas but you'll like it when you depress the right pedal.

Boy do I second that. Went from a stock to a drop in K&N. Maybe a little better gas mileage (certainly no worse) but the car made power better around 3500 RPM and above. (Sounded cool too.)

The cold air intake I put in this weekend uses a K&N mushroom filter. Wooooo Baby. Sucker growls when it gets up to 3500 and the throttle response is impressive. No waiting to accelerate once you're cruising above 60. Know what I mean?

Next weekend the factory resonator tube with the restrictor box gets taken out for the less restrictive one that goes in the 350z. :ack: Can't wait. (And just think my wife still believes this is a family car. Wonder if I can drop a supercharger in there and convince my wife it's a saftety accesory?)

But yep, K&N good product. Inexpensive and easy modification. Only drawback is you need to clean it about once every 90 days or so but that isn't hard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom