Modified Pedernales chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
This was the favorite chili of the Late Lyndon Johnson... I modified it to my liking.....

1 deer leg " cubed 1/2 " pieces
2 large onions chopped
4 garlic cloves
4 teaspoons Comino seeds
4 teaspoons oregano
1 large can of diced tomatoes
4 cups hot water.
1 small bottle of Gephardt's chili powder
salt to taste
dash of hot sauce to taste

Brown deer meat, onion, garlic until light color...
add comino seeds,oregano,chili powder,diced tomatoes,water, salt, hot sauce and light boil for about 90 minutes.....

It came out killer.. I'm going on my second bowl now.. Tastes delightful.. thanks yall for helping me imagination...

dsc037014516937vd5.jpg

dsc037114554765bk9.jpg

Where's the beans?? :LOL:

Sapo I'm making deer chilit today as well, but with deer burger. Had a buddy of mine bring a whole deer over already processed and wrapped and GAVE it to me. No room left in his freezer. I gave him a couple lbs of pulled pork and some WR in trade, seemed like I still got a great deal!

Larry Wolfe said:
Where's the beans?? :LOL:

Sapo I'm making deer chili today as well, but with deer burger. Had a buddy of mine bring a whole deer over already processed and wrapped and GAVE it to me. No room left in his freezer. I gave him a couple lbs of pulled pork and some WR in trade, seemed like I still got a great deal!
Larry, this kind of chili doesn't have beans in it. I didn't have any room in the pot for beans anyway. I was going to grind the meat up but decided to just chop it into small pieces after being advised from my chili guru amigos..Let us know how your chili came out... :D

Back
Top Bottom