Meatloaf and a foodsaver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight so I took the easy route. I pulled a piece of nicely frozen vacuum sealed piece of smoked meatloaf I made last week. OMG, it's better now than fresh. If you do not have a foodsaver, spend the $100 and get one. They are fabulous!

Larry Wolfe said:
I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight so I took the easy route. I pulled a piece of nicely frozen vacuum sealed piece of smoked meatloaf I made last week. OMG, it's better now than fresh. If you do not have a foodsaver, spend the $100 and get one. They are fabulous!
I like reheated meatloaf the best! Never tried it out of a foodsaver bag though..Doesn't last that long! :grin:

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":11frvgev]I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight so I took the easy route. I pulled a piece of nicely frozen vacuum sealed piece of smoked meatloaf I made last week. OMG, it's better now than fresh. If you do not have a foodsaver, spend the $100 and get one. They are fabulous!
I like reheated meatloaf the best! Never tried it out of a foodsaver bag though..Doesn't last that long! :grin:[/quote:11frvgev]

When you make 7lbs of it, it does!

ScottyDaQ said:
Yup, Foodsaver's are great. Love em!!!
Got my V1085 for $129 at Costco not too long ago...
Down to $99 now? Cripes! #-o :tant: :vent:

Scotty, Costco has a very liberal return policy. I would think that they might refund the difference. If not, return it and buy a new one. I'm looking for my receipt this weekend. :(

By not long ago, I mean 3-4 months. I don't have the boxes anymore. :badgrin:

But yeah, I've "loved" Costco on more than one "return" Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, get my drift, say no mo.
:spani:

How do you defrost? Do you just throw it in a pot of boiling water?

Sledneck said:
How do you defrost? Do you just throw it in a pot of boiling water?

Whatever I'm gonna reheat that has been vacuum sealed I'll place into a pot of cold water and then bring it to a boil and let simmer until heated through. Works great for me that way. Some folks nuke them and I have do that as well when I'm in a hurry. But the boil in the bag method does not interfere with the integrity of the meat whatsoever.

How long do you let it simmer? Approx say for 2lb meatloaf

Sledneck said:
How long do you let it simmer? Approx say for 2lb meatloaf

The hunk I at last night was probably 3/4 to a full pound. Took about 20minutes from the cold water state.

Back
Top Bottom