McCain's Mouth-Watering Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
I know, I know its is the Washington Post again, but It is the only national newspaper I get. I thought you might like to see this one.

PH2008052700913.jpg

By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts
Tuesday, May 27, 2008; Page C03

If Americans voted for president based on barbecuing skills, John McCain would win in a landslide.

The Arizona senator spent Memorial Day weekend doing what he loves best: presiding over the grill at his Sedona ranch. "He barbecued ribs all night," Sen. Lindsey Graham told CBS's Bob Schieffer. Graham was among the 20 or so guests ( Mitt Romney, Joe Lieberman, Sam Brownback, Charlie Crist, Bobby Jindal) invited for the "purely social" get-together.

His veep-stakes are a deep secret, but McCain readily shares his love of barbecue with anyone within hearing. "Nothing makes me happier," he told reporters in March. "I have so much nervous energy, it keeps me moving."

McCain, who favors gas over charcoal, has two large grills at the ranch. His favorite dish is baby-back pork ribs with a dry rub (equal amounts of garlic powder, salt and pepper), cooked bone down on low heat for 90 minutes; the bone gets hot and cooks the meat from the inside out. The secret to keeping them juicy? He brushes on fresh lemon juice. They are, from all accounts, yummy.

In the interest of equal time, we asked Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to share their outdoor cooking skills.

Obama's campaign was uncertain about his grill preferences. "They've certainly enjoyed a lot of barbecue on the campaign trail," said a spokesman. The Illinois Democrat was spotted near a grill during a campaign backyard barbecue in Iowa last August but didn't pick up the tongs.

Clinton's folks didn't return calls, but the candidate is savvy enough not to singe herself in the cooked-meat debate. "The only question, the only question I will not answer is, 'Which is the best barbecue?' " Clinton told a crowd in North Carolina earlier this month. "I've made plenty of mistakes in my life and I'm not walking into that one!"

link

Captain Morgan said:
well I'll vote for John even if he does prefer gas.

Me too!

It's a shame that we can't get the Washington Times delivered and unfortunately we're all stuck with the Post! :evil:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":35v2wvl1]well I'll vote for John even if he does prefer gas.

Me too!

It's a shame that we can't get the Washington Times delivered and unfortunately we're all stuck with the Post! :evil:[/quote:35v2wvl1]

I don't know Larry, you seem more like a NY Times kind of guy.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3rxyv9bg]well I'll vote for John even if he does prefer gas.

Me too!

It's a shame that we can't get the Washington Times delivered and unfortunately we're all stuck with the Post! :evil:[/quote:3rxyv9bg]

The TIMES!? That is the Moonie's paper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom