Maverick ET-73 reception problem.... They're replacing em :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
I know a lot of us vist the TVWB site, but for those that haven't.....

Ummm... Go there and read this thread.
http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/ ... 7290051153

In short, there were a bunch of Maverick ET-73 receiver units shipped out WITHOUT antennae in them.... Thus reducing the range by half or more.
Call them, send it back and they will ship you a new receiver with an antenna
More details in that TVWB link.

ya know Anton who started that thread HAD an antenna in his and he wasn't happy with the range he got ... so he started tinkering ...

hope it works our for ya Scotty but I wouldn't count on it being all that much better given the previous statement

mine is working like a hot damn now with that 14 gauge external antenna I put on it

Shawn White said:
ya know Anton who started that thread HAD an antenna in his and he wasn't happy with the range he got ... so he started tinkering ...

hope it works our for ya Scotty but I wouldn't count on it being all that much better given the previous statement

mine is working like a hot damn now with that 14 gauge external antenna I put on it

Have you published your mod? Pictures?

yeah I wrote it up on TVWB ... Bill Hays calcd the length, I didn't have much to choose from at home, automotive 16g (twisted strands), cat 5, coax, some really thin stuff and house wiring 14g

somebody said heavier gauge is better so I went with the heavy stuff

I can take pics in a couple of days when my camera comes home to me. It ran off with my wife. She'll be back, it's only got a 3x optical zoom. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom