Making video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I would like to make video but don’t know were to start I have the video camera. But else will I need? How do you edit the video and I’m guessing that the software will let me add music to them if need. Help me out and point me in the right way and I will go from there.

Thanks,
Chris.

The Missing Link said:
I would like to make video but don’t know were to start I have the video camera. But else will I need? How do you edit the video and I’m guessing that the software will let me add music to them if need. Help me out and point me in the right way and I will go from there.

Thanks,
Chris.
Do you know how to put video on your computer? If so, use something simple like windows movie maker. Go to google and read about creating online videos. Lots of tutorials out there.. Read Read Read... that's what I do.. You even find stuff you might not have ever learned otherwise..

Shoot some footage and see if yer computer has Windows Movie Maker on it. If it's kinda new it should.

Open the movie in there and it will tell you to drag and drop clips in place and you'll see where to add titles and ending credits and also transitions between scenes.

If you don't have the proggy we can search for a FREE movie edit proggy for ya. Here is a bunch. http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=node/873

Go luck bro
peace
<><

!st things 1st you'll need: a camera, a tripod, good lighting (normal room lighting might not be enough) a computer with windows service pack 2.
(SP2 has an improved movie maker version) A thumb or flash drive is optional,

Videos swallow up GB's of space on hard drives so you will have to tranfer your videos to DVD's to free up HD storage capacity.
Make a folder in my doc's & name it Criss 09/25/07 or the date of your first clip then in that folder make a folder called BBQ butt 09/25 (or whatever your video is about) save all the video clips from this cook here as well as the final edited movie. Then when you backup your works everything will be in sub folders under the main start date (Criss 09/25/07)

AS you start acumilating movies watch your hard drive free space. When you have only 20% remaining free back up to DVD's
I use the DL DVD-R they each hold 8.5GB

What other programs are the rest of ya'll using? Perferably FREE.

That boy that posted his first one the other day with Rage Against the Machine in it had some cool features and stuff.

I'm working on a clip layout now for a video on Chicken Thighs and have made some graphics to add to mine like my logo near the begining, a sponsor Plug and also a Production graphic for the end too. I may try and add background sound but don't want copyright issues so I may have to use some of my own but then I'm having to think clip time verses song time. I don't know boy.

Good luck folks
peace
<><

Oh and the Bag on my head is cus my Redskins got embarased this last weekend. lol Nothing personal
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom