Making Beer Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Going Here to take a class and make a batch of beer tomorrow. I haven't decided what kind I am making yet. Any suggestions???

I would PM Glenn R...he is a home brew master and it seems TexLaw is too. Probably your best bet for expert advice. :D

I will do that if you will do me one favor! Change your avatar! Who is that Tard anyways?

Mexican cervesa is what I made for my first batch. Everyone seemed to like it. The hardest part for me was getting the siphon to work when I filled the bottles. I am going to buy a real siphon before my next try. Other than that, it was easy.

Larry

Glenn's advice is sound. Start with a beer style that you would buy, unless you're a light beer drinker. If that's the case you probably won't like homebrew. I know this will piss some off but "lite beer is for people that don't like the taste of beer, but still want to pee a lot."

Griff

Alright Glen. I will do that. Siphoning sucks! lol
As for beer, I like just about any that is cold. I really like Dos Equis. I have tried alot of real beer and most of it was good, but when I feel the need to drink alot, they are too filling. Some go for taste, I go for the buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ever try Heineken Tarwebok (sp). Drink 3 bottles but make sure you give your car keys to someone before hand. :LOL: Knocked my socks off.

Susan Z said:
Cool! Let me know how you like it, Larry. I keep trying to drag my brother there to do that with me. I'd go with some kind of amber ale if that's possible.

Susan, you should ride on down to Picket street ! That's where the brewery is, we'll be there at 10:30, you can join us! They say you can drink all the samples you want to determine what kind of brew you want! Samples are 4oz, free beer oh yeah! Actually what it's costing to make this stuff it's not free! But it really sounds like it's gonna be alot of fun! I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!

I am home from making my beer.......................................................................................................OMG, I'm not really sure what to say other than ............................i DUNNO. I drank what than what I made. It is a tremendous amout of fun but there is alot more to making beer than folks think. And the more you drink while you are making it the more difficult it is. Between my buddy and me, we went through 5 pitchers of beer while our beer did it's thing. OUtr beer will be done and ready for bottling in 5 weeks. I'll send samples to whomever would like them.

Captain Morgan said:
Sounds like a fun hobby, but it's not for me. I can barely afford cooking!

I HEAR THAT CAPPY! Well this will definitely not end up being a hobby. It ended up costiing me $95 bucks today and that is splitting a batch. Do the math, it's too expensive for my taste.

Susan Z said:
Larry, any recollection as to what kind of beer you kids are making?

I'd still like to try it, especially if yer beer turns out tasty!

We did a Centennial IPA and my other buddy made an IPA too just a different version. I don't recall what it was. I think I tried every beer they made at this place. Plus we had numerous pitchers to boot. I did have a stout that was a bit on the YUCK side. It was a double chocolate stout, and I would not recommend it!

There was this guy there making some concoction brew that included butterscotch morsels, molasasses, brown sugar and some other crap. He called it "HopScotch", I dunno if I wanted a Sundae I'd go to Friendly's. He said he'd made it before and it was good, I told him I'd take his word for it.

Well that is an ADDITIONAL COST!!! Even if you create your own labels at home and send them the file it's like $37 per case for them to print the labels. Or maybe it's $37 total, I dunno. I can make labels at home and put them on once I get home. I am cheap!!

Back
Top Bottom