Making beans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I love this kind of stuff...making some navy beans...just did the boil and simmer and rest technique....now making stock with an old ham bone and some veggies. Will drain the beans after an hour, then use the stock to cook em up.

Gonna add a bunch of pulled pork to em....and that's as far as I've gotten....don't think I want to add tomato/bbq sauce, but I'm open for suggestions. Otherwise, it's just a bunch o beans, onion, and pork!

With cornbread of course!

Cappie,
Send me a big bowl of the bean soup! I love that stuff, but haven't had it in forever!!

well there's more pulled pork than beans, and the stock was made from a big ol' hambone....but if you must know, I sauteed the onions in bacon grease! Us Southerners keep that stuff in the fridge, don't ya know!

Captain Morgan said:
... bacon grease! Us Southerners keep that stuff in the fridge, don't ya know!
Me too! :-D Musta picked that up in Orlando...

Man those beans were great......lots of pork in there....but so were some jalapenos and maybe too much bacon grease....I'm having an interesting morning.

Captain Morgan said:
Man those beans were great......lots of pork in there....but so were some japs and maybe too much bacon grease....I'm having an interesting morning.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. :rolleyes:

So I'm back home now, and I'm eyeing that pot o pork n beans. Seriously good stuff. Just don't know if I can handle it though. Things have finally "calmed down," and I don't want to re-kindle the fire.

Come on Cap'n, it's like eating habanero's. It can't get any worse than the initial reaction!!!! Go for it!!!!!

Take a Pepcid and enjoy! Wash it down with several cold ones!!! Ohhhhh yeah, beans, jalapeno's, pulled pork and beer! Don't get much better than that!

Back
Top Bottom