Maiden Voyage of the Green Ghost & Sapo - Video - Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, I have been working a lot of overtime the last 4 weeks so I decided to get a kayak. I got the "Ocean Kayak Trident -15 Prowler".. I have taken the Malibu twos out playing in the surf during winter swells 3 times the length of BHP, but have never fished out of a kayak. So I am a total newbie at this... I hope to join up with other kayakers if possible and learn from their experience. My Instructor " Team Buddhahead" is going to show me many tips and tricks to kayaking in the near future.. Here's a short video we made yesterday in the surf south of BHP....

SS

YOUTUBE

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/y7zkZX-mvMU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed>

VIMEO

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4921436&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="853" height="505"></embed>

SANY0001.JPG

SANY0006.JPG

SANY0007.JPG

SANY0014.JPG

SANY0015.JPG

I see photos of guys that caught 40 and 50 pound fish in yaks. They have them draped over the side. I think it would be a hairy ride if a big saltwater fish hooked up on you. How would you keep the yak pointed straight and not drug sideways?
I have been looking at Wilderness yaks for fresh water river fishing. Still uncertain at this point. A lot of guys fish out of them around here.
Who picked out the color.
:roll:
Good luck....have fun with it.

Rag said:
I see photos of guys that caught 40 and 50 pound fish in yaks. They have them draped over the side. I think it would be a hairy ride if a big saltwater fish hooked up on you. How would you keep the yak pointed straight and not drug sideways?
I have been looking at Wilderness yaks for fresh water river fishing. Still uncertain at this point. A lot of guys fish out of them around here.
Who picked out the color.
:roll:
Good luck....have fun with it.

Im not sure if I'd be hangin fresh cought fish over the side of my "yak". I GARUN-TEE Id find a shark or more likely a POD of sharks. :LOL: :idea:

Like Rag, I've seen pics of guys that have caught big fish out of kayaks up here. Mostly halibut and king salmon. They say it takes a long time to land the fish and to paddle back to shore.

I picked the color. I am Surfin Sapo. Sapos are green. I want the coast guard to spot it 5 miles away if they have to search for me.. I'm going to fish the flats first anyway...We have miles and miles of flats... More movies soon I hope. I might go on a 3 day trek soon too... ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom