Loosing A Good Old Friend and I Don't Mean Jack Kevorkian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
For about 10 or more years I have had this Master-Touch, Green and it has been a good old Weber. Several years ago I added a Smokenator and that was my start in smoking. Someone posted something about the add on side table and I got one. Larry was selling CI grates I added them. It has been a good old grill. Last year I bought a Performer for our cottage in Northern Michigan, from that day forward I wanted one for home. Last fall the lid to my Master-Touch ended up under my garage door resulting in a big dent, a really good reason to get a Performer for home. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't need a Performer this old Weber was okay. I was at the cottage last week and used the Performer and well this new Performer showed up at my house today. So tonight I smoked my last Tri Tip on the Master-Touch while I assembled the new Green Performer.

I will be recycling parts and upgrading my sons OTS so the Master-Touch will live on. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the new grill! Sure is pretty! What will be the first cook?

Yea, I know the feeling. Was a sad day when I had to trash my old 18" WEBER. Made it a little more easy as it was a trash pick.
Great new Performer. I look at them all the time at the store, but I find myself wondering over to the 26 inch, when the wife notices me staring at it for more than 5 min. I hear a big "NO!" brings me back to earth. I will get one! Just a matter of time.
Get going and gunk that new puppy up.

Congrats on the new grill and good to hear the old one will still live on. Speaking of grills, I haven't seen anything lately cooked on the Chaney????

It is sure hard to lose old friends. I haven’t lit my 25-year old Ducane in a long time since getting the Weber Genesis. I don’t think my wife is going to put up with it on the patio much longer. I guess I am starting to look like a true East Texan with old unused stuff lying around. At least I don’t have my last eight vehicles lined up in the pasture behind the house. :LOL:

Vermin999 said:
Congrats on the new grill and good to hear the old one will still live on. Speaking of grills, I haven't seen anything lately cooked on the Chaney????

It is hiding out up in Michigan. I did use it to do some veggies and Tri Tip when I was up there a week ago, I do like that grill, there is soooo much room and really easy to use. It will get a workout when the family is up early in August.

ScottyDaQ said:
Cool grill ! Did you use the old handle on the new one, or did it come like that?

You are very observant Scotty, I'm a fan of the old school wooden handles so I stole it off the old one and stuck the new plastic one in the drawer for future use.

Congrats Buzz. I found myself using starter cubes cause I didn't have to remember to turn off the gas!. Now I just use a weed burner. Anyway good looken grill. I had the same one. They are awesome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom