Looking for opinions...parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Ok...maybe I'm nuts for even thinking about this but, Journey(the band) is coming to Youngstown in August. My daughter, almost 9, loves the band. Too young to take?? I think it would be great that her first concert is with a legend band like Journey rather than these produced bands who I can't even name....plus it would be with Mom and Dad. Thoughts????

there's gonna be other parents with kids too.
Those guys are old, and so are their fans....might
be a little ganja in the air, but I think it will be fine.

If your really doing this for her, then take her to see Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers instead. It would be the ultimate Dad sacrifice to have to sit through either of those two acts but I think it would be more little girl friendly.

I doubt if she wants to see a retro performance by a band with imposter lead singers and a bunch of old farts desperately trying to remember their youth while polluting the air with reefer.

For the love of God man. act like a Dad and don't take her! Go with your initial gut instinct! Yes, she's too young and you are nuts for thinking about it. You can thank me when you come to your senses.

Jonas Brothers are playing June 20th at Cowboy Stadium. Sounds like a good reason for a road trip!

If she really wants to see it then take her. Its a great show and the new kid singing is living his dream. He does a great job. While he may not be exactly Steve...thats not always a bad thing ;) Its really not going to be louder than Jonas Bros or Miley.
Greg....it quit being Journey when Greg Rollie left and they brought in Jonathan Cain. But the lineup is still good. Neil still on guitar, Ross on bass, Jon on keys and Dean Castronova on Drums...he is an amazing singer too. Wait till you hear him sing Mother/Father.
Looks like its an evening with on the 15th as well. Have fun

9 years old, huge crowd, I don't know, Yall know yer daughter an yer limits, can she hang round that long? I ain't sayin ya shouldn't, but yer talkin what 2 ta 3 hours fer a show?

Ain't nothin wrong ifin she wan'ts ta go, every experience is worth sumtin. She might enjoy herself to.

Guess yall gotta figure it from yer angle.

Good luck, ifin ya go, hope yall have a swell time!

Kloset BBQR said:
If your really doing this for her, then take her to see Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers instead. It would be the ultimate Dad sacrifice to have to sit through either of those two acts but I think it would be more little girl friendly.

I doubt if she wants to see a retro performance by a band with imposter lead singers and a bunch of old farts desperately trying to remember their youth while polluting the air with reefer.

For the love of God man. act like a Dad and don't take her! Go with your initial gut instinct! Yes, she's too young and you are nuts for thinking about it. You can thank me when you come to your senses.

Jonas Brothers are playing June 20th at Cowboy Stadium. Sounds like a good reason for a road trip!

My initial instict was to take her. It's in a clean venue and they won't tolerate too much Bs from fans. Holds about 5000 for concerts. Whe /i told her about it she was really excited.

Jonas Brothers??? :roll:

Captain Morgan said:
there's gonna be other parents with kids too.
Those guys are old, and so are their fans....might
be a little ganja in the air, but I think it will be fine.

I agree with Cappy...I took my daughter to see Bon Jovi when she was around 9, We sat a little more towards the back though..It was a great time...a good memory !

Well since hippy debil worship music aint in my play book believe I would hold out for George Jones or somebody like that. Now Jimmy Buffet is rumored to get in a good bunch of folks if you like the Parrot Head stuff. Fact one of my old chums did a big paid Tailgate Party for some rich folks at Texas Stadium for one of the Parrot performances. Said he aint never seen so much silicone in his life. Now he is a breastes type fella so that was right up his alley of course. Too bad old Boxcar Willie passed on. He put on a great show.

bigwheel

I had one of those deals with my kids. A brother inlaw was a sound mixer in a Phila recording studio and gave my 10 and 12 year boys tickets (including me as a protector) to a KISS concert in Phila.
5th row seats. I think that's where I lost some hearing. The fans blew enough weed to cause a city wide shortage.
Kids liked it, but I thought KISS looked like a bunch of chicken necks.
:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom