Looking For A Sturdy Rib Rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I'm looking for a sturdy rib rack that holds 4 or 6 racks of St. Louis style ribs. I'm currently condidering the Weber Stainless Steel, Sur la Table SS, and Williams Sonoma SS, and would appreciate recommendations of these or other racks. Thanks.

I have a regular old Weber rack and it is indestructible. Worthless for cooking but its durable. I much rather just pack em in there and move em around than mess with using that crazy gizmo. I hate it. In fact I would give it to ya if I could remember where I put it. Hope this helps.

Goober

I find that racks burn the ends, and the juices run off instead of selfbasting the ribs

Just me ideas

honcho said:
I find that racks burn the ends, and the juices run off instead of selfbasting the ribs

Just me ideas
I wondered about that myself - especially the loss of moisture. I'm going to keep looking (no luck yet) for a horizontal rack that fits a 18.5 WSM with a couple inches of clearance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well whut really turned me against the evil bastids was the factoid that the ribs on the outside block off the heat from them on the inside. And like the man say you still got to flip them edge to edge to keep the bottom from getting too crispy. I think they were invented by the debil..along with panty hose and neckties.

Goober

True Nick. When I use my Klose racks, which is almost never, I spray them with pam and put them in the dishwasher. They are all stainless. Paul Kirk rolls them too. Tommy Chong too. ;)

Uncle Bubba said:
True Nick. When I use my Klose racks, which is almost never, I spray them with pam and put them in the dishwasher. They are all stainless. Paul Kirk rolls them too. Tommy Chong too. ;)

Tommy always burns his on one end... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom