Lee Ann Whippen Vs. B-Flay....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, let's all tune in and watch Flay go down in flames. (again) :LOL: I can hear Flay now, " lets use some peppers to make a hot south west sauce" :LOL: MORON :roll: We all know "sweet beats heat" every time in a comp. ;) Bet Flay does the butt with liquid smoke too. :LOL: Can ya guess I kind of don't care for the king of gas grilling? :LOL: The guy knows how to rope people into his places for food. But a BBQ guy? I think NOT.

Come on pigs Boobie a break. He's so good that he can cook with a handicap, like an upside down assemble WSM for starters! :LOL:

Kloset BBQR said:
Come on pigs Boobie a break. He's so good that he can cook with a handicap, like an upside down assemble WSM for starters! :LOL:
You got to be kidding me Dallas! :shock: Where did you see this? Man, talk about a monkey humping a football. :LOL:

He did it on one of his shows. I think it was the one where he was cooking Texas BBQ for his sweetie at the time, now Mrs. Flay Stephanie March who was the prosecutor on Law & Order, SVU. There may be pictures of it on this forum or on the TVWB site for sure.

yeah, he's no expert with the WSM...can't wait
to see what he cooks on....my guess is he gas
grills it at high temps. Gonna be an interesting
throwdown if they smoke for 14 hours....lots of standing
around!

Captain Morgan said:
yeah, he's no expert with the WSM...can't wait
to see what he cooks on....my guess is he gas
grills it at high temps. Gonna be an interesting
throwdown if they smoke for 14 hours....lots of standing
around!
Jim, I'll bet you any thing from the store (rub or sauce wise $20.00 or under ) he uses liquid smoke. www.adventuresinheat.com :LOL: ;)

At least B Flay has a show worth watching. I appreciate that he at least showcases great cooks like Lee Ann.

So let's speculate...do you think Lee Ann would get some blow back from the competition elite if she loses to Bobby during the throw-down?

Number one, I don't think she will loose. Number two, she can't loose from being on food network. It's win, win as I see it for her. 8) You can't buy that kind of advertisement.

Lets face it anything is possible in BBQ, especially when judged by a naive public. If the two judges are knowledgeable about true BBQ, Lee Ann wins. If they are used to boiled BBQ smothered in sauce, all bets are off. Flay undoubtedly will do some sort of southwest BBQ, heavy on the chipotle. His BBQ may be too hot for the judges unless they like hot.

We all know that Lee Ann beats Bobby hands down at traditional BBQ but I would venture to guess that many on this forum could beat both Lee Ann and Bobby at a KCBS contest. Hell I beat Lee Ann last year at Norfolk so like I said anything is possible when left in the hands of judges. Should make for good entertainment for sure! And just for the record Bobby has an absolutely terrible record on this show. He seldom wins!

To answer your question Greg, no blowback. Most of these guys had their hats handed to them on BBQ TV already by lesser known challengers, like last year when both Dr. BBQ and Myron lost to Sarah Horowitz on the Vs Network BBQ Challenge so they know how this stuff works. Bobby's a good cook so anything could happen. I still don't see Lee Ann losing since she gets to decide what to cook initially and Bobby has to then cook the same thing.

He's won a few, I think he might have won in the wedding cake category too and beat some army or navy guy in steak as well but on the whole I'd say his average is much closer to teams in last place in major league baseball. No reflection on Bobby here. He's extremely versatile and most of these contests are close. The fact that Bobby loses most of the time speaks well for the show and Flay as well. Its tough losing week after week and remaining a good sport and Bobby has done that. I think he's matured quite a bit over the years from the Flay we saw in the early years.

Back
Top Bottom