Lee Ann Whippen Vs. B-Flay....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
monty3777 said:
I've been on the Food TV page and I'll be darned if I can't find the next showing! Used to be that I couldn't turn on Food TV without tripping all over that geek. Now....

Monty the next showing of the Lee Ann/Bobby show is not until Tuesday, May 20th at 9PM EST. Set your Tivo/VCR now!

If He had know that KCBS Judges would frown on mustard sauce would he have used it anyway ?

Did he use it on purpose ?

Surely the guy took into consideration that the KC judges would not care for mustard sauce. :roll:

BUT, most of the people watching would not know what KCBS stood for.

It's a CONSPIRACY I tell you !!

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1rsoe5az]I recorded it...what did he do?

Why Flay decided to go with a mustard sauce is beyond me.

I do think he knew he was going to get beat going into this.[/quote:1rsoe5az]

He knew he would lose on the meat, bet he didn't even cook his own meat. Bread is bread, so he thought that a "special" sauce would save his butt :roll: and carry the day. In the end, he failed. :shock:

Well, I missed the first showing of the Throwdown but caught it on the rerun. I've been out of town so I just saw it today and all I can say is WTF?

Bobby's Method:

1. Apply rub liberally on butt and then sear in grease. This will give your butt a good bark! :shock:
2. Add about 1 quart of chicken stock and water to a roasting pan and bake your butt for several hours in an oven until fall off the bone tender.
3. Remove butt from oven in place in a Klose pit (unfired of course) so people will think that you smoked the meat.
4. Cover with mustard sauce and enjoy the best pulled pork ever.
5. Spend more time on the coleslaw prep than on the pulled pork.
6. Add slaw to pulled pork sandwich to cover up the lack of smoke ring or any evidence of smoke.
7. Submit entry to two KCBS judges

Did I miss any step in his technique? I want to make sure that I've covered all the steps for my first contest of the year next weekend! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom