Lee Ann Whippen Vs. B-Flay....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree Kloset...Flay has had his ASS hadned back to him more then I ever thought he would. And indeed he is a good sport about it.

However, I think because Bobby has gotten a bad rep from the folks in bbq, if anyone representing true bbq loses to him you are going to get some razzing...wether they do it to your face or not id another subject all together!! :D :shock:

I would love to get Bobby on the show and ask him about the throw downs! Anyone got any contact info?

Bobby Flay is represented by the William Morris Agency. Might be a place to start as well.

http://www.wma.com/bobby_flay/summary/

Another great place to contact him might be through Lee Ann. She probably has his contact info now and you have hers, right?

Challenge Bobby to a BBQ Central Throwdown! :LOL:

Contact the Food Network and see if they'd be willing to trap Bobby at his home game. It would be fun to have him set up by doing a special BBQ show and then have Mike Davis, Dr. BBQ, Fast Eddy, Johnny Trigg, Rod Gray or anyone else that's done a podcast or radio show with you walk on his show and challenge him.

Greg Rempe said:
However, I think because Bobby has gotten a bad rep from the folks in bbq, if anyone representing true bbq loses to him you are going to get some razzing...wether they do it to your face or not id another subject all together!! :D :shock:

He's kind of the Carrottop of the BBQ world - but that comes from his ridiculous "tough guy" persona that is - quite frankly - laughable. In a way he reminds me of Anthony Bourdain. We're supposed to think he's streetwise because he eats a pigs ass. The fact is that when I think tough I think Harley - not Le Cordon Bleu.

Captain Morgan said:
I recorded it...what did he do?

Got beat. As soon as I saw the judges were KCBS certified judges, I knew he was dead in the water.

You guys notice Greg from Jersey on the show? Flay was cooking on Greg's Klose.

Why Flay decided to go with a mustard sauce is beyond me.

I like the idea about challenging him on his turf but it would have to be by someone like Paula Dean or some other celebrity chef. No one in BBQ is widely enough known to J.Q. Public to garner attraction, viewers, and advertising. We'd all watch but that would probably be about it. Not really, but you know what I mean.

I do think he knew he was going to get beat going into this.

I have it TIVO'ed...going to watch it tonight. Still no answer back from her about being on the show tomorrow!!

I think he expects to lose most of them...the whole concept
of the series is to give people an opportunity to watch Bobby
lose, and he knows that. When you're a James Beard award
winner, Iron Chef, cookbook author, etc, you don't feel too bad
about losing a cupcake battle.

Captain Morgan said:
I think he expects to lose most of them...the whole concept
of the series is to give people an opportunity to watch Bobby
lose, and he knows that. When you're a James Beard award
winner, Iron Chef, cookbook author, etc, you don't feel too bad
about losing a cupcake battle.
Bubba would....he would throw the cupcake in the woods.... :LOL:

I gave up on Flay during that whole Iron Chef debacle. I though, "What a dickhead!"

Your comments and last night's show have given me something to think about. It's kinda neat that he would put himself in a position to get whipped while at the same time exposing other talent, like Leanne.

As stated earlier...bobby has probably lost more throw downs then he has won!! I agree that he is helping others get exposure who normally wouldn't...and that's why I will always mark out to B-Flay!! 8)

It's funny to me that he draws such negative sentiment. Yes, he's comical, but if any of us here could turn our passion into a very successful living and brand name, we'd jump on it.

We'd also jump at the chance to curl up next to his wife as well:

2079334408_9df24409c3.jpg

BlazerQue said:
It's funny to me that he draws such negative sentiment. Yes, he's comical, but if any of us here could turn our passion into a very successful living and brand name, we'd jump on it.

We'd also jump at the chance to curl up next to his wife as well:

2079334408_9df24409c3.jpg

Damn, I knew cooking could be a chick magnet. Remps says it works for gays :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom