Last night's bad weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
I hope none of our regulars had any damage from last night's storms. We were without power for more than 12 hours, and got treated to a light(ning) show for about 45 minutes (or it seemed that long), but didn't get any damage. This, however, was roughly 5 miles from us as the crow flies:
13.jpg

Just heard on the news the tornado we had locally was a weak F2, fortunately nobody was killed.

Glad everybody came out OK!! May is THE month for them dammm tornados and it looks like there is a good chance for more in the South this weekend.

Keep your heads down and your spirits up Larry, thankfully more were not killed or injured.

Crap, here comes another hurricane season :x If I ever have to go through three in a row again I'll quit my job. Last time caused us over $6,000,000.00 in damage to the hotel and took me almost two years to completely rebuild. Naturally the owners wanted me to lay everyone off about half the staff. I told them that was not necessary. Instead I used them as part of the construction, cleanup, painting, etc, crews for less money then the contractors were charging me for laborers. The contractors were happy with is as there was a massive amount of work out there and no one could get enough help to keep up with it. Let's keep our fingers crossed for everyone in the path of bad weather.

That sucks bad, You northern boys whine about snow & cold weather, at least it don't blow you & your house down

007bond-jb said:
That sucks bad, You northern boys whine about snow & cold weather, at least it don't blow you & your house down

Ever hear about volcanoes, tsunamis, or earthquakes? It doesn't matter where you live, when mother nature wants to get you, you are toast.

Back
Top Bottom