Last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
was the last concert ever to be played at Shea Stadium in NY! First concert ever played there was the Beatles in 1965, the year after it was bulit. Billy Joel had the honors of doing the show and they couldn't have picked a better performer to clos it down. The show lasted 3 hours and Joel was wiped out at the end but it was the best concert I ever was at! He had Tony Bennet sing NY State of Mind, Roger Daultry sing My Generation, Garth Brooks sing Shameless, Steven Tyler sing Walk This Way and at the end Paul McCartney came out and sang I Saw Her Standing There. The final encore brought Joel out for another tune or two but the last song there was Paul McCartney singing Let It Be. Great show, great times, I was there with my wife and all 3 kids! Doesn't get much better then that!

Sounds like a great show..Billy Joel rocks, you know he' great when his ex-wife even shows up for the show.

Yeah, yeah, the two greatest stadiums in the history of sports bite the dust in the same year..........BOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!! What will all of us in the "hinterlands" do? We cry for you You Nork.. Sounds like a good concert though! More has beens than a celebrity reality show!!!

Back
Top Bottom