Larry Wolfe's Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAPALION

Assistant Cook
I know you have a Gator. What kind? and that you had firebox made so you could use a Gator Charcoal basket. How is the basket working out?
I ordered a Gator BYCC with a square firebox along with a charcoal basket. Should be ready first of Febuary :grin: I Hope :eek:

PAPALION said:
I know you have a Gator. What kind? and that you had firebox made so you could use a Gator Charcoal basket. How is the basket working out?
I ordered a Gator BYCC with a square firebox along with a charcoal basket. Should be ready first of Febuary :grin: I Hope :eek:

As Finney said, I have a Party Gator. I've only used the charcoal basket one time. I used a half basket full of Kingsford and hickory using the Minion Method and I got a good consistent burn with no adjustments for over 5 hours. I love my pit, the only thing wrong is I should've ordered a bigger one.

Couple things I'd recommend to you if it's not too late and you have the cash. Definitely go with the 24" pipe even if you think it's overkill. It will be worth it in the long run. Next get the gas assist. I don't use it at all to cook with, but it's wonderful to get the fire going (no fuss no muss). Get a clean out rake too. Doesn't cost much and makes getting the nasties a breeze to get out of the bottom of the pit. That's all I can think about off the top of my head, if I think of anything else I'll post it for you.

Thanks Larry I did just as you suggested. 24" pipe, gas asist, clean out rake, plus I going to keep on a screen porch that is 15 X 6' so I got extensions for smoke stack to take thru roof. THANKS AGAIN. :grin:

Greg how do I get this thread? :eek:

No, Better check with your insurance people first to see if they cover such lunacy and buffoonery. Sorry to be so harsh It's NOT a good idea. Greese fires are pure EVIL!

actually it is an outdoor kitchen I'am building and the smoker room will have retaining wall blocks for a floor and from the floor up 2 1/2 feet will be metal galvanized roofing. metal screening. Plus the studs will be aluminum. the roof will also be metal. the only thing that might be wood is the rafters, but only if I can't find metal that will work due to it being only 15 ft. wide. Thank you for your concern. Plus when I'am doing a BBQ I do not leave unattended, nor par-take in beverages till I'am done. Also the outdoor kitchen will be 30 feet from my house.

Back
Top Bottom