LARRY RUINED IT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SC give that a try. It might work great but I am talking about only putting in maybe a gallon just to get it up to temps. I probably use less then that but ours is the small.

You are right about how the WSM holds temps for long periods of time. No doubt about it. I have used one for a few years and really enjoyed it but it is retired now. I tried to give it to my nephew and also my brother in law and both said they would just eat my bbq so I guess I will sell it. I hate to see it sitting outside knowing that it isnt gonna be fired up by me ever again. That is a waste and I dont like wasting anything. How about a raffle for a used WSM. lol
Everyone send me 2 dollars and I will draw out of a hat the winners name. :shock:
On Edit: Nephew is taking the WSM home today.

Steer Crazy once you figure out your SW I bet that you will love it. I have to check the SW every 3 hours but after 2 or 3 checks the meat is done. It is nice to start cooking at 8 am and eat at 4 pm. It made me nervous as hell when I put the butt we intended to box up at our last comp at 5 am but it was done in plenty of time to pull and box up. We had one in the cooler just in case but it worked out fine. We had our best scores ever in pork against some tough teams too.

DaleP said:
SC give that a try. It might work great but I am talking about only putting in maybe a gallon just to get it up to temps. I probably use less then that but ours is the small.

You are right about how the WSM holds temps for long periods of time. No doubt about it. I have used one for a few years and really enjoyed it but it is retired now. I tried to give it to my nephew and also my brother in law and both said they would just eat my bbq so I guess I will sell it. I hate to see it sitting outside knowing that it isnt gonna be fired up by me ever again. That is a waste and I dont like wasting anything. How about a raffle for a used WSM. lol
Everyone send me 2 dollars and I will draw out of a hat the winners name. :shock:
On Edit: Nephew is taking the WSM home today.

Steer Crazy once you figure out your SW I bet that you will love it. I have to check the SW every 3 hours but after 2 or 3 checks the meat is done. It is nice to start cooking at 8 am and eat at 4 pm. It made me nervous as hell when I put the butt we intended to box up at our last comp at 5 am but it was done in plenty of time to pull and box up. We had one in the cooler just in case but it worked out fine. We had our best scores ever in pork against some tough teams too.

that's great info and again appreciated. I'll be sure to ask if I have any other questions! ;) :D

Thanks for giving me the link to this thread...That's a real nice Smoker!!! Only $300 and something to get one shipped to my town..Not too bad all all.. Now to Convince Mama, that's a different story...Thanks Bro..
:D

surfinsapo said:
Thanks for giving me the link to this thread...That's a real nice Smoker!!! Only $300 and something to get one shipped to my town..Not too bad all all.. Now to Convince Mama, that's a different story...Thanks Bro..
:D

[smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom