Larger Jalapeno Rack - Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I bought some very nice sized jalapeno peppers, plump to say the least and did some ABT's over the weekend. I have a Steve Raichlen rack that holds 18 peppers, it is 7.5" X 4.5". The problem even using every-other hole this rack was worthless, the holes have a 1" diameter and the peppers were falling over because they did not sit down in far enough. I've looked on Amazon and did a Google search and do not see any holder that have a larger hole ... Anybody have one that they could recommend?

I have tried them both ways and really like them upright in the rack Greg's idea might be the cheapest. I found a source http://tinyurl.com/684dac that makes a Magnum Model with 1.5" holes, but it is $50.00. Seems the 1/2 pan with 1.5 holes would do the trick, and I'd have a project to boot.

I like to use a skewer and thread several on it.
Then place several skewers side by side over a grill basket.
Works well with things i already have.
jon

ScottyDaQ said:
Why do em upright? Split em and lay em flat. Better use of the surface area...and better overall finished product IMHO.

I agree and almost do the same. I core instead of splitting them, after the 5th time making them I finally got the process down pat. I can get about 50-100 peppers to fit if they lay flat.

When I saw that title I thought were talking in code about some Hot double D's.Lol........

What Scotty said + when you wrap em' in bacon theres plenty of bacon! Damn now I got to go make some of those.

Get a aluminum pan and use skewers and cook them that way. Heres kind of an example of what I'm talking about.
img_216014_0_4aa8f6bedcbc72b1f0f6f81f7e068cc2.jpg

Helen's right V9, I hope you are just feeding yourself or a small child :LOL: I do have some longer skewers and a larger pan, seems like a good solution. I think I could get 18 + or - on a 1/2 pan. Thanks V9!

bbquzz said:
Helen's right V9, I hope you are just feeding yourself or a small child :LOL: I do have some longer skewers and a larger pan, seems like a good solution. I think I could get 18 + or - on a 1/2 pan. Thanks V9!

:x 18+ is still not enough...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom