Lake Effect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We got hammered with lake effect snow last night...about 12-16 in on top of the 6-12 we all ready had....the 30-40 mph winds didn't help much either...
How are the rest of my Norther Brothers doing?

I've got the hamshanks in a pot of beans...going to make some cornbread to go with...its the simple things in life :LOL:

Aaron said:
We got more of the same crap here and they are forecasting snow for the next couple of days.
Aaron
Time to fix the snowblower :cry:
I had a hell of a time digging mine out....all the comp stuff was covering it :cry: I never got around to getting the garage cleaned up this fall..
You could probably hear the curses...

wittdog said:
Aaron said:
We got more of the same crap here and they are forecasting snow for the next couple of days.
Aaron
Time to fix the snowblower :cry:
I had a hell of a time digging mine out....all the comp stuff was covering it :cry: I never got around to getting the garage cleaned up this fall..
You could probably hear the curses...

Mine? Or yours. My throttle cable is seized on my blower. DUH, oil it when it's warm? Not me, I'd rather repair it in the winter freeze. :LOL:

Pigs

Dave I am not sure of our upcoming plans,pretty busy around here right now.
Although a trip for a bocce club pizza and some loganberry juice may be in order.Also about time to get some NY dogs,Hofmanns german brand franks and coneys are on the list along with some zweigles and sahlens and wyadnryski dogs too.
Aaron

Since it's only 14* this morning in E Tenn, I can only imagine what it's like for you folks. Web cams on Wunderground show lots of the white stuff. The first one is pretty but it can get old fast.

Man the wind and temp is BRUTAL!!!!!! Nothing like ice crystals driven at 40 mph against your face!!!! Look what it did to Chris!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

We've been lucky the past 24 hours..just wind and cold with little to no new accumulation.. What a differance a few miles makes !

You haven't used your snowblowers yet? I've used mine 6-7 times already.

Now if I could only get the big self-prop one running. The small one runs like a dream and likes the cold.

Just put four butts on the WSM for a party tomorrow...expecting to reload a bit overnight...VERY COLD here currently! :shock: :D

Us southern NY folks are enjoying the weather! Little chilly this morning (12*) but quite a bit of the snow melted yesterday and things are pretty good! One more day of work then it's off until Jan. 02!

I can take the cold and I can take the snow. What I can't take is four-five months of gray skies and no sunshine. It puts me in a bad mood and I'll strangle the first person that disagrees with me! :LOL:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom