Lack of Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last year, we had a very mild winter by northeast Indiana standards. This spring and summer, we could barely stand to be outdoors because of the mosquitoes. All the insects were a lot, lot worse here. We even had some I've never seen before...cave crickets! Strange looking little buggers and we're still finding them outside and sometimes indoors. When I see them in the house, I go on a bugspray rampage. I just can't deal with them hopping towards me whenever I get near them. Those little jokers hop out of nowhere and scare the crap outta me!

This winter so far, has reminded me of 1998. No snow on Christmas and then we got hammered from Jan. 1st through the next couple of weeks. Schools got a month long Christmas break. Everytime they got the roads cleared, we'd get hammered again. A lot of people have compared this year to 1978. The state of Indiana really got hammered hard in a blizzard in January of that year. While I'd rather not be snowed in like people were in '78, I do hope we get some good freezes so the insects, molds, etc. will be less this spring and summer. I spent way too much on bug repellant, home and yard insecticides and allergy meds this past year.

Bad news Dats. I sent all our snow south. :LOL: So far this month, we have 33.6" and, of course, none of it has melted.

Griff

Griff said:
Bad news Dats. I sent all our snow south. :LOL: So far this month, we have 33.6" and, of course, none of it has melted.

Griff

You can stop sending it now. We got over 100" in December, and the vast majority hasn't melted yet.

Actually, I like winter -- at least until about the first of March. I wouldn't have lived here 37 years if I didn't like winter.

Griff

And it keeps getting better !!!

Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs around 50. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph.
Thursday Night
Increasing clouds. A chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Friday
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s.

Looks like rain for us.

Detailed Local ForecastHow to Read This Today: Mostly cloudy skies. High 68F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies with a few showers after midnight. Low around 60F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow: Cloudy with a few showers. High 74F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow night: Cloudy with a few showers. Low 64F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

Thursday: Showers ending by midday. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Friday: Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.

Saturday: Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s

Mr. Penn I was listening to the news this morning and I heard the cherry trees around D.C. are already starting to bloom. There not supposed to till April :shock: Just thought you might like to know ;)

Thought I'd like to introduce my new line of BBQ stuff:

For a limited time, send $50 and I'll send you a quart box of genuine Colorado Snow in a recycled styrofoam cooler. Use the snow as a mop for your butts and briskets. Add $5 for "seasoned snow", don't let the yellow color turn you off. :?

50's here today. Haven't had a lick of snow all "winter" :shock:

Hey Dats......HA HA :P

Well, things are going to hell in a handbasket here...only 42 here now. Only gonna be in the mid 30's this week...uuuurrrrggghhhh.. :x

I miss the snow. We don't have any up here at all. I am wearing my birks everyday because it is so warm.

Sadly all of our local ski resorts are having to lay off all of their people first time ever. The largest just laid off 1400 people yesterday. It is hitting our economy up here very very hard.

We need the snow for tourism.

This is not good at all.

Here's a pic of my Weber kettle in my back yard.

If you look closely you can see moose tracks to the left of the kettle. A cow moose was in my backyard about 8 this morning. I tried to take pics but it was still too dark.

Griff

Griff said:
Here's a pic of my Weber kettle in my back yard.

If you look closely you can see moose tracks to the left of the kettle. A cow moose was in my backyard about 8 this morning. I tried to take pics but it was still too dark.

Griff
:shock:

It's much to warm here, high70's - low 80's. We're going to have a terrible mosquito problem in the spring if this keeps up.

Back
Top Bottom