L.P. Q BBQ Championship - $75,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When it becomes set it and forget it....there goes the skill and the many years of fine tuning whilst drinking beers...might as well just pour some liquid smoke on it and cook it indoors in an oven.

wittdog said:
When it becomes set it and forget it....there goes the skill and the many years of fine tuning whilst drinking beers...might as well just pour some liquid smoke on it and cook it indoors in an oven.

Good point Dog! I propose that in order to be more inclusive that we allow all cookers to cook with all sources and of the place of their choosing, much like the current rules of the Grand Rapids, MI contest. Yeah Big Moe we know what you're doing! :twisted:

Kloset BBQR said:
wittdog said:

Good point Dog! I propose that in order to be more inclusive that we allow all cookers to cook with all sources and of the place of their choosing, much like the current rules of the Grand Rapids, MI contest. Yeah Big Moe we know what you're doing! :twisted:

Me I am somewhat ammused to see people using WMS taking the top wins against the fellas with thousands of dollars in coookers , RV`s . I now have 2 WSM`s thanks to Santa and my loving wife.

Larry, would the use of a wire coat hanger be ok to use in said hotdog cookoff, if so i'm in!
Its not a debate anymore when you call someone a bastard. Where I come from being called a bastard gets the Jerry Springer bell a dinging. :P

I only have one question ?

If you set a plate of gas smoke/roasted pork next to a plate of wsm smoked pork, will you be able to see and/or taste the difference ?

DaleP said:
Larry, would the use of a wire coat hanger be ok to use in said hotdog cookoff, if so i'm in!
Its not a debate anymore when you call someone a bastard. Where I come from being called a bastard gets the Jerry Springer bell a dinging.
:P

Dale please annotate which Larry you are referring to!! I was about ready to go Bill Hays on you!!! :shock:

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Cliff H.":1fmjxfsb]I only have one question ?

If you set a plate of gas smoke/roasted pork next to a plate of wsm smoked pork, will you be able to see and/or taste the difference ?

I can sure taste it.[/quote:1fmjxfsb]

Me too!

Sorry Larry W but I was replieing to Larry D. You didnt have to call me a annotate. I dont know what that means but it hurt. Where is Bill at anyhow?

I'm sure that everyone has seen venders at comps selling bones (and alot of them) that came right out of a Southern Pride or similar rig.
http://www.ncre.biz/bbq4u/jpegs/batssweetmeat.jpg
Hidden somewhere was a WSM that they were using to cook their meat for the comp turn in. I find this misleading cause I bet most folks thought the bones they were buying at the booth were the same bones that got turned in for judging. After all, the billboards around the booth had all these ribbons and trophies?

DATsBBQ said:
I'm sure that everyone has seen venders at comps selling bones (and alot of them) that came right out of a Southern Pride or similar rig.
Hidden somewhere was a WSM that they were using to cook their meat for the comp turn in. I find this misleading cause I bet most folks thought the bones they were buying at the booth were the same bones that got turned in for judging. After all, the billboards around the booth had all these ribbons and trophies?

You are right to a degree Dats. But the general public would NOT like to eat the meat that is turned in for judging in the first place. Two totally different styles/flavors of BBQ between whats turned in for judges and what the general public is used to and likes to consume.

I think you can tell the difference....but then again what the hell do I know.......I know I won't buy any of that gassed Q from Pigs on the Wing Save the gass for the convicts....

Larry Wolfe said:
DATsBBQ said:

You are right to a degree Dats. But the general public would NOT like to eat the meat that is turned in for judging in the first place. Two totally different styles/flavors of BBQ between whats turned in for judges and what the general public is used to and likes to consume.

How many KCBS trophies do you have? LOL

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
DATsBBQ said:

How many KCBS trophies do you have? LOL

You know, you're worse than a woman! Sorry Helen, Diva and Puff!

Larry Wolfe said:
DaleP said:
Its not a debate anymore when you call someone a bastard. Where I come from being called a bastard gets the Jerry Springer bell a dinging.
:P

Dale please annotate which Larry you are referring to!! I was about ready to go Bill Hays on you!!! :shock:

Larry D. will take credit (or blame) for the hot dog roast comments, but I don't know who that "call someone a bastard" refers to. Not me, I didn't call nobody nothin'!! :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom