Knife for trimming spares, butts, and boning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I need a knife for turning spares into St. Louis style ribs, boning, and trimming fat off of butts. Every good knife I own is too large for trimming. I don't mind paying a bit more, as I hope to use it a lot.
Thanks.

You need a 6 inch curved boner Forschner/Victornox brand. Get it right here. Get the sharpening steel to go with it. Might as well pick up a big Chef's Knife a 12" Granton Slicer and a paring knife while your at it. Get the ones with the fibrox handles. Wood is no bueno.

http://www.justknives101.com

Goober

Goober said:
You need a 6 inch curved boner Forschner/Victornox brand. Get it right here. Get the sharpening steel to go with it. Might as well pick up a big Chef's Knife a 12" Granton Slicer and a paring knife while your at it. Get the ones with the fibrox handles. Wood is no bueno.

http://www.justknives101.com

Goober
$33 to get one to my house in VT from there. It's $25 on Amazon with shipping...probably cheaper in other places.

Ok I just got real good service from the place and they were the cheapest I could find back when I bought mine. They have free shipping for orders over a hundred bucks or used to anyway. If the young man making the inquiry buys all them items on the approved list that will skeer a hundred dollar bill flat to death but I would have no problem in buying them elsewhere for a significant savings. Thanks for the heads up on where to buy. Your so special wink wink.

Goober

Wow...dont you know it takes a Yuppin Yimminie from Sweden to make a good knife? Where you from Boy? Stick close and I will try to help get you edumacated.

Goober

Goober said:
Wow...dont you know it takes a Yuppin Yimminie from Sweden to make a good knife? Where you from Boy? Stick close and I will try to help get you edumacated.

Goober
NC lost over 200,000 textile jobs since NAFTA. Other NC manufacturing sectors have been hit almost as hard. These job losses have a ripple effect through the entire economy.
I buy USA when possible

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom