KitchenAid Mixer w/ Sausage Attachments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I've seen several posts refer to the KitchenAid mixer with sausage attachments? Does this work pretty well for making sausage?

The grinder works pretty good but the stuffer kind of sucks. It does the job but but not very well and takes a little finessing.

Look in the sausage section. I've listed a stuffer there 2 or 3 times. It will stuff 5 lbs. at a time, easy clean up and it's about $80

No no no. Do not allow dumb yankees to convince you a Kitchen Aid mixer is fittin for anything other than making calf slobber for chocolate pies. I owned every attachment known to man to go with the KA mixer Santa brought one year and aint one which was worth a caca or performed at illustrated in the brochures. Buying one of them peeces of sheet is a waste of money. Be smart and dont fall for it. If you want to make sausage get to be best friends with Nothern Tool and Supply Co. Now that get plugged into Google there will be bunch of imposters which pop up so take care. They got it all at reasonable prices. Unless you got deep pockets and can withstand Hobart brand made in Americka stuff plan on a separate grinder and stuffer. The operations do not mix very well for the home butcher without about 5 pair of hands. Stay away from the squeezer buckets with the toggle switch on top. They claim a person can use em as a cider press too. Whut is a cider press? Thanks.

bigwheel

Bunch of mail order sources. Allied Kenco in Jouston cut a purty good deal. Butcher and Packer up North sells them I think. Joe Ames peddled them maybe still does since his boys took over. http://www.theingredientstore.com
Fortunately here in God's Country we have a big grocery store that sells em also Academy Sports had some last I was in there. They were the dry salt home packs and was not refrigerated. Them might be a little stinky depending on how long they been hanging around.

Thats right we recently voted Witt the Grandprize Winning sausage guru of the internet. You a fortunate fella to get tuteleged by Witt. No Nick I was not knocking the upright stuffers. Know several who snagged the five pounder and love it to death. I was attempting to bad mouth them cast iron squeezer down from the top buckets. I forget the name of em right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom