Kirk vs. Dr. BBQ Off Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on,just received an email.Forgot to mention the foil,
we are steaming correct?

And to think that this whole thread started over a simple question of whether to slice or pull pork for competition! :grin:

Larry Wolfe said:
jminion said:
When I give an opinion it's because I've got first hand knowledge, if I did not know what was being taught I would not make the comparison, that is why I use my name not a handle when I post.

Jim

Me too Jim! Everyone will know my name when I'm done!! 8-[ :evillaugh:

You mean you're not done? Brother, everyone knows your name, believe me. :D

Kloset BBQR said:
And to think that this whole thread started over a simple question of whether to slice or pull pork for competition! :grin:

Was that this thread? I thought we discussed that under another heading.

It seems we are here to trash the names and accomplishments of some of the best that the sport has ever known. I can only hope that I get mentioned in the same story with some of these guys. Like "I cooked next to this guy named Jack out of Charleston one time...." or "Yeah, I post on the same boards with this guy named Jack out of Charleston...He dosen't know BBQ from his butt, but he's a good guy" :grin: :D :razz:

Good Q!

Jack

Jack W. said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":2b893vnz]And to think that this whole thread started over a simple question of whether to slice or pull pork for competition! :grin:

Was that this thread? I thought we discussed that under another heading.

It seems we are here to trash the names and accomplishments of some of the best that the sport has ever known. I can only hope that I get mentioned in the same story with some of these guys. Like "I cooked next to this guy named Jack out of Charleston one time...." or "Yeah, I post on the same boards with this guy named Jack out of Charleston...He dosen't know BBQ from his butt, but he's a good guy" :grin: :D :razz:

Good Q!

Actually it did start on the other thread, got off topic and got spun off to a separate thread (this one). This one got a lot more attention then the other unfortunately.

Kirk Rules BTW!

Jack[/quote:2b893vnz]

Well Jack, you can say you know me, the inventor of the Morgan Method.
That and a nickle will get you..

well I guess 5 pennies. Damn, you can't buy nothing for a nickle anymore! What's wrong with this country?

Captain Morgan said:
Well Jack, you can say you know me, the inventor of the Morgan Method.
That and a nickle will get you..

well I guess 5 pennies. Damn, you can't buy nothing for a nickle anymore! What's wrong with this country?

I gotta remember to keep that one close to the top. "The Morgan Method" was that the proper comsumption methods of hops and barley or did it have something to do with actually cooking proteins. :razz: :grin:

Good Q!

Jack

When people complain about useing foil, kingsford, wsm, or an ecb, it makes me wonder if they use a match, lighter, or the real way, rubbing 2 sticks together to make real Q.
2 shoulders cooking right now, Minion Method, Kingsford and hickory for fuel, lit with a match and smells so good as if a pro was cooking it.
Peace out.

When people complain about using wood,sticks,offsets,it makes me wonder if they use,the minion method?kingsford,foil,saranwarap,
juice injections.

1 brisket,2 beefside ribs cooking right now,single small stick method
red oak,pecan for fuel,6 bottles of dark beer with home made beef broth, coffee,garlic,onions for moisture,lit with a match and smells better than
if a pro was cooking it.

Peace out.

This topic is BBQ related, but not in the correct sense, so I'm moving it to the General Discussion section...with my mouse, on my laptop, using a wall outlet for power and no emoticons!!

BBQmmm said:
When people complain about using wood,sticks,offsets,it makes me wonder if they use,the minion method?kingsford,foil,saranwarap,
juice injections.

red oak,pecan for fuel,6 bottles of dark beer with home made beef broth, coffee,garlic,onions for moisture,lit with a match and smells better than
if a pro was cooking it.

Peace out.

You have every right to voice your opinion BBQMM and cook Q however you please and to like or dislike whomever you please. But it seems to me you're out to pick a fight anyway you can with whomever you can, however you can. I gotta ask, WHY? Why would you bash the likes of Paul Kirk, Ray Basso or Jim Minion??? You've never met any of them have you? You don't have the credentials they have, do you? Are you reknowned for the BBQ you make? Huh, are you? If you are, share with us please! I've never met any of them either, but you have to respect them for what they've done for BBQ. I'm not making a living making BBQ, are you?? THEY ARE! Until you are able to fill their shoes, shut up and quit whining! Be willing to accept that someone else out there knows more than you do, you may learn something!

BBQmmm said:
juice injections.

if a pro was cooking it.

Peace out.

Seems like a real nice fellow.

Larry Wolfe said:
You have every right to voice your opinion BBQMM and cook Q however you please and to like or dislike whomever you please. But it seems to me you're out to pick a fight anyway you can with whomever you can, however you can. I gotta ask, WHY? Why would you bash the likes of Paul Kirk, Ray Basso or Jim Minion??? You've never met any of them have you? You don't have the credentials they have, do you? Are you reknowned for the BBQ you make? Huh, are you? If you are, share with us please! I've never met any of them either, but you have to respect them for what they've done for BBQ. I'm not making a living making BBQ, are you?? THEY ARE! Until you are able to fill their shoes, shut up and quit whining! Be willing to accept that someone else out there knows more than you do, you may learn something!

Every chance they get to bash Paul Kirk they do.Mention the guys name and get barred for life-********!!!!!
I'm going to ignore your shutup and quit whining comment for now.
The day these clowns teach me something about BBQ is the day i quit making it.

In all fairness...I don't think QMMM was talking about me in regards to banning. I have never banned or deleted any post that has another website, personality or anythiing in it. I don't have any sponsors asses to kiss here! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom