Kinda Surprised that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ

Sous Chef
There's NO Happy New Year thread on here, so what the heck, figured I'd start one. Been a while since I've been on but just wanted to jump in and Say "Hope You All Have the Best Year Ever"!!!
dj

Happy New Year to all. The peas are smelling good but still a little crunchy. Think another 30 min and they be fittin. Sippin on a little sour mash with a water and wine chaser. It getting to where that crazy beer gives me the gout and high triglycerides. Getting old is heck huh?

bigwheel

Toasting Uncle Cappy as we speak. Think he needs us to all give him a shirtless cyber hug. That should make him feel good for the first of the big holidays.

bigwheel

bbquzz said:
Happy 1-1-11 to all too. Have the peas and collards on as I write ... Thanks to Captain Morgan this Yankee can eat like a Southern Boy!

Don't know about the shirtless hug, but if you say so he can consider himself hugged by a half naked fat old Yankee :LOL: He did set me on the right path last year with a little help from you as I remember. I believe you said go light on the rice, and I did :D I just know the wife and I both love this stuff called Hoppin' John with collard greens and some iron skillet jalapeno corn bread.

Well tis indeed a fine New Years Day for them who got Hoppin John. Warden is wolfing it down as we speak. Think I get some here in a bit. Hate to ruin a perfectly good buzz with a bowl of peas:) Now we only had collard greens with Coon as far as I can recall. I am mo of a mustard green afficiando preferably young and raw in a salad bowl with XXX Virgin Greek Olive Oyl and Bragg's Organic Apple Cider vinegar to dress it. Little raw onyawn and garlic and home growed tomaters dont hurt it neither. Now Poke Salad can be fatal if not handled right. Best leave that one to the exspurts..such as Cappy etc.

bigwheel

Well I coulda told ya to roll out them peas with a rolling pin prior to cooking so to squeeze out the gas. Nobody ever listens to me around here. I dont get any respect. It about like my old pal Rodney Daingerfield.

bigwheel

Honestly, can you really put some effort into something that even resembles English? You know, the language that comes from England? Maybe then you'd have some weight around here.

glad to help, and glad to see you're still doing it! This year, I let my
neighbor do the cooking. He smoked a butt for 5 hours on an old kettle
I gave him, and it just about as good as anything that came out
of my wsm. He's got a way with collards too...could be cause he
grows in our back yard and they were about as fresh as you can get.

Well thanks for that tip Rich. Nice to see a Quebeckepecker who knows about grammar and diction. Wee wee?

bigwheel

BeeRich said:
Honestly, can you really put some effort into something that even resembles English? You know, the language that comes from England? Maybe then you'd have some weight around here.

Just learn to read between the lines. He really does know what he's talking about! (Most of the time)

You still have to insult Canada, right? Have you ever been outside of little America? If you spoke like that anywhere else in the world, you'd get thumped. And yes I do speak French. If I remember correctly there is some French in Louisiana. But I bet it's safe for you to hide in Texas while shitting on other countries.

Ahh Rich simmer down. I was just pushing your leg a little. Canada is one of my favorite countries. Just because a person hasnt been to a place do not keep them from liking and appreciating it. Now they did take my Uncle Jeffs pocket pistolo away from him at one of the entry checkpoints and did not ever give it back. I thought that was sorta rude. Browning semi auto in .32 ACP be worth a tub of money nowadays. Same little pistol my Grand Pa had stuck in his inside suit coat pocket whilst shaking hands and hamming it up with JFK on the steps of his airplane. That happen at the airport in Whiskeyta Falls, TX real early sixties. Jesus loves you Rich. Give Him a chance. He can help you with that little anger management issue.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom