Ketchup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
you guys(and gals) ever heard of mixing half Heinz and half Hunts (or something) to get a perfect ketchup?

Or do you have you're own kicked up ketchup recipe?

My fries deserve the best.

Captain Morgan said:
you guys(and gals) ever heard of mixing half Heinz and half Hunts (or something) to get a perfect ketchup?

Or do you have you're own kicked up ketchup recipe?

My fries deserve the best.

I use Ketchup and Franks mixed 50/50. Works wonderful for onion rings, fries, fried okra, fried shrimp, etc.

A 50/50 mixture of Reverend Marvins Hot is also a wonderful combination. I discovered this with meatloaf, which I will never make again without the Rev's/Ketchup combo! It's that good!

brian j said:
Puff said:
[quote="brian j":eek:5ohebpn][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":eek:5ohebpn]This is good stuff:

http://www.montebellokitchens.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/62
you going to have any of that stuff at gary's??? if so i'll bring the brats. :!:
I always felt anything red on a brat is not right, but that does sound good =P~[/quote:eek:5ohebpn]
i just tried some rev martin on some brats night before last. that is mustardery.[/quote:eek:5ohebpn]
Most of the time I don't put anything on 'em, put 'em in a brat hot tub with sweet onions, butter, and beer =P~
I'll have to try something different :!:

brian j said:
Puff said:
[quote="brian j":2rcy2cpx][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2rcy2cpx]This is good stuff:

http://www.montebellokitchens.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/62
you going to have any of that stuff at gary's??? if so i'll bring the brats. :!:
I always felt anything red on a brat is not right, but that does sound good =P~[/quote:2rcy2cpx]
i just tried some rev martin on some brats night before last. that is mustardery.[/quote:2rcy2cpx]
I've been using the "HOT" on hot dogs when I want it to bite back. Good stuff!

I thought this was interesting..

Ketchup or Catsup?
When Heinz introduced commercial ketchup to American kitchens it became so popular that other manufacturers rushed to catch-up to the ketchup craze. Soon there were Ketchup, Catsup, Catchup, Katsup, Catsip, Cotsup, Kotchup, Kitsip, Catsoup, Katshoup, Katsock, Cackchop, Cornchop, Cotpock, Kotpock, Kutpuck, Kutchpuck and Cutchpuck. All were tomato based and bottled and vied to become a household word. Only 3 major brands remained to steal the spotlight...Heinz Ketchup, Del Monte Catsup, and Hunts, who could not decide on a spelling and bottled under the names Hunts Catsup (east of the Mississippi), Hunts Ketchup (west of the Mississippi), and Hunts Tomato Cornchops (in Iowa only). In the 1980's ketchup was declared a vegetable by the government for school lunch menus. Suddenly Del Monte's Catsup, because of its spelling, was not on the approved list. Shortly afterward Del Monte changed the product's name to Del Monte Ketchup. So ketchup it is.

brian j said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":umuf96ne]I thought this was interesting..

Ketchup or Catsup?
When Heinz introduced commercial ketchup to American kitchens it became so popular that other manufacturers rushed to catch-up to the ketchup craze. Soon there were Ketchup, Catsup, Catchup, Katsup, Catsip, Cotsup, Kotchup, Kitsip, Catsoup, Katshoup, Katsock, Cackchop, Cornchop, Cotpock, Kotpock, Kutpuck, Kutchpuck and Cutchpuck. All were tomato based and bottled and vied to become a household word. Only 3 major brands remained to steal the spotlight...Heinz Ketchup, Del Monte Catsup, and Hunts, who could not decide on a spelling and bottled under the names Hunts Catsup (east of the Mississippi), Hunts Ketchup (west of the Mississippi), and Hunts Tomato Cornchops (in Iowa only). In the 1980's ketchup was declared a vegetable by the government for school lunch menus. Suddenly Del Monte's Catsup, because of its spelling, was not on the approved list. Shortly afterward Del Monte changed the product's name to Del Monte Ketchup. So ketchup it is.
uh. you learn something new every day.[/quote:umuf96ne]
Remembering it is the hard part these days...there isn't gonna be test on this is there? :eek:

Captain Morgan said:
I thought this was interesting..

Ketchup or Catsup?
Wow....... :eek:

And I thought you invented it :eek:
Every day, something new learned :grin:

Back
Top Bottom