KCBS and Gas Cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Joker said:
Must be a full moon...

I agree Bill! Boy, talk about calling someone out! I thought we were supposed to voiced our differences via PM's? Guess some are above abiding by their own "rules"! Oh well, such is life!

TexLaw,

Those that know BBQMMM know that he is a good guy who just happens to be a knucklehead most of the time. Doesn't mean he is a bad guy. He helped me out quite a bit several years ago and still does to this day. I met him first on the Klose site. He turned me on to the Texas BBQ site when folks from the Texas BBQ Rub site (Buckeye I believe) came over to the Klose site and started bashing Kevin T, aka Uncle Bubba because he insisted Klose pits are the best and the other guys were equally passionate about Gator Pits. We (KazQ, Woodman, Uncle Bubba, Kloset BBQR) set up fake handles and went over and strted bashing Gator Pits which I had never heard of up until that time and what we found out was that the Texas BBQ Rub site was a great site with great people and that Rich makes a very nice pit and over a short period of time settled in to that site and the bashing stopped. Hopefully the same thing will happen here. The one thing I can say about Kaz/BBQMMM is that he is extremely passionate about BBQ and has some damn good receipes that he has shared with me over the past few years. Those that only see him here have never seen that side of him and I can understand the hostilitly. That being said I've had these Kingsford/all wood debates with him for years. I'm never going to change his mind (Kingsford is evil) and I won't change his that it is a good product (with the exception of all that ash). I hope that BBQMMM will be more tolerant of other peoples opinions on this board because there is a lot he can learn from them and they can benefit from him as well.

Hopefully we can all move on and be friends. :ghug: This is the last time I publicly defend you BBQMMM! :grin:

That being said BBQMMM I'd just like to close with a quote from one of today's top BBQ superstars, Myron Mixon, "The number one mistake that beginning BBQ'rs make is cooking with all wood. They tend to oversmoke their meat. Use charcoal for heat and wood for flavor." :taunt: :grin:

Good post Kloset.

BBQmmm, there's nothing wrong with being passionate about your BBQ and your method of making it. But there's also nothing wrong with the way the guy next to you makes it as long as he/she is happy with their finished product. It's just different than the way you do it, it's not wrong, it's different. We will never all agree on a "correct" method, so it's a wasted effort. We can all (that includes everyone here) benefit by learning from someone here. It doesn't matter if it's a beginner or a seasoned pro! Everyone has room for improvement.

So enough of the bashing, and teach us something that makes your Q stand out from the others. :D

Thank's Larry and I'd just like to add that it was BBQMMM's brine that was partly responsible for our success in the Chicken category at Nelsonville Saturday. The major contributor was the flame boiled technique we accidently stumbled upon. :grin:

Kloset BBQR said:
TexLaw,

Those that know BBQMMM know that he is a good guy who just happens to be a knucklehead most of the time. Doesn't mean he is a bad guy. He helped me out quite a bit several years ago and still does to this day. I met him first on the Klose site. He turned me on to the Texas BBQ site when folks from the Texas BBQ Rub site (Buckeye I believe) came over to the Klose site and started bashing Kevin T, aka Uncle Bubba because he insisted Klose pits are the best and the other guys were equally passionate about Gator Pits. We (KazQ, Woodman, Uncle Bubba, Kloset BBQR) set up fake handles and went over and strted bashing Gator Pits which I had never heard of up until that time and what we found out was that the Texas BBQ Rub site was a great site with great people and that Rich makes a very nice pit and over a short period of time settled in to that site and the bashing stopped. Hopefully the same thing will happen here. The one thing I can say about Kaz/BBQMMM is that he is extremely passionate about BBQ and has some damn good receipes that he has shared with me over the past few years. Those that only see him here have never seen that side of him and I can understand the hostilitly. That being said I've had these Kingsford/all wood debates with him for years. I'm never going to change his mind (Kingsford is evil) and I won't change his that it is a good product (with the exception of all that ash). I hope that BBQMMM will be more tolerant of other peoples opinions on this board because there is a lot he can learn from them and they can benefit from him as well.

Hopefully we can all move on and be friends. :ghug: This is the last time I publicly defend you BBQMMM! :grin:

That being said BBQMMM I'd just like to close with a quote from one of today's top BBQ superstars, Myron Mixon, "The number one mistake that beginning BBQ'rs make is cooking with all wood. They tend to oversmoke their meat. Use charcoal for heat and wood for flavor." :taunt: :grin:

Yeah i heard this quote of Myron Mixon's ,you keep telling me this over and over! What's your point?Maybe in the boyscouts 30 years ago you could tell me this over and over,not now.I heard you should be out practicing your BBQ,and not quoting superstars. [-X

So now I'll weigh in. Difference of opinion is fine and enocuraged. Making arguments for or against is fine as well and also encouraged.

However, what will not be tolerated is making your (anyones) posts personal or including a whole group. For example, "Those that use Kingsford have no tatse buds"...well, that's not true...how about just stating that you don't like the way it makes the food taste and that's why you don't use it. It's much less likey to be taken in a wrong way when stated like that.

Some pot-stirring is fine but all the time will get you an invite to "LEAVE" permenantly. Or, you could leave on your won accord if you so choose, but no one can seem to do that here.

As always, "It's my way, my way or the highway" to quote Limp Bizkit!

By the way, I do agree with Texlaw about letting things go...it does work sometimes! :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom