KCBS and Gas Cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jminion said:
Understand in the BBQ world an offset cooker is pretty new, if you want to cook tradional bbq maybe we should use cookers that have been around for 3 to 5 thousand years, cookers like the BGE. You have picked a point in time and your saying it's ok to this point but anything from here on is wrong. Things will change as time goes on just like they have in the past.

Jim

What what what? cookers that have been around for 3-5000 years, and you say"like a BGE" Oh my word!
I have never read so much hoooey in my life.Let me see! they found a tiny mud and straw vessel in some shack in a chineese village 4500 years ago,that was used to cook soup or rice and it's turned into "just like a BGE" that's actually been made for 25 years if that,copied from a Kamado that's been made for almost 50,used with fuel invented 90 years ago :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :) :) :) The day a BGE outcooks an offset is the day i come back here James and tell you all about it! Actually an offset can be used with wood for fuel like they did back millions of years ago.

Uncle Bubba said:
. I'd just hate to see a propane bomb...and all it takes is once and you(not you personally) and KCBS are going to have one hell of a liability problem. Anyone check into how much additional site insurance will be with propane burning pits IN USE?

KCBS is a officating body not an organizer, it will be up to the organizers to insure the event and deal with the fire dept.

BBQmmm said:
. The day a BGE outcooks an offset is the day i come back here James and tell you all about it!

I can think of 6 championships and a reserve this year. What you got to say?

Jim

Oh and my opinion on letting in propane users or cookers with Guru's,
why not?If it's a safety issue then have the gassers seperated in their own area and let em at it.There was a contest that someone was upset about,that some competition cooker won for the 4th year in a row,seems he won 3 of the contests using a gas grill,which at the times the contest wasn't sanctioned by the KCBS,so 4 weeks ago i believe it was, he won it for a 4th time,which was sanctioned,supposedly he was given the stink eye by some of having an unfair advantage by cooking with propane secretly,,which by the way,i don't think makes sense.
And the guru,well i don't think it makes a big difference,just waiting for the day when everyone sends a robot out to these contests and stays home and sleeps.

jminion said:

Jim

You da man!Make sure you inject, to perk up them judges,just make sure they don't eat to much of it,maybe that's why there's a scarcity of em in competitions.I meant Dr BBQ is da man!

BBQmmm said:
jminion said:

Jim

You da man!Make sure you inject, to perk up them judges,just make sure they don't eat to much of it,maybe that's why there's a scarcity of em in competitions.I meant Dr BBQ is da man!

I guess when you are set into place, your only respose could be something stupid! Bbqmmm, your a dick!

BBQmmm, do you argue about everything with everybody? Everything that you've replied to on this board has been negative or contradictive to what someone else has said. It's one thing to voice your opinion, but you're just trying to pick a fight however you can. Give it a rest.

There's no need to disrespect Jim Minion either. You can have a difference in opinion, but when you start making your snide comments it pisses me off. Jim is a very well respected member of this board and has always gone out of his way to help and share his abundant amount knowlege of BBQ with everyone here as well on other BBQ Forums. Maybe instead of arguing with everyone about everything, you should sit back and listen. You may learn something!

Nick Prochilo said:
BBQmmm said:
jminion said:

Jim

I guess when you are set into place, your only respose could be something stupid! Bbqmmm, your a dick!
That should be, "You're a dick". #-o

I thought the BGE's/Kamado's were indeed based on oriental cookers that have been around for thousands of years. Of course pre-burned wood
has been available since the first fire.

BBQMMMM, this place is all about discussion and disagreement, but you
stand a good chance of losing credibility if you continue to argue without
any factual basis. Feel free to voice your opinion, but how about letting other's voice theirs as well?

Let me add my voice to this ever growing choral of folks who have had it up to about here with your I'm right, know it all, my way is the only way, Canadian, dickhead, attitude of yours. The view from up on that ivory tower of yours must really be something.

Why don't you regale us with your credentials, what comps have you participated in this past season, what awards have you won (they must be numerous), where could we search in the history of BBQ to find the many contributions you must have surely made to this "art" of ours.

That's enough, go ahead we're listening.

Well i know some on this forum who say "look" someone who can read thru this bla bla bla and say,i don't think so!

TexLaw said:
Folks, I'm still amazed that you continue to humor BBQmmm by arguing back at him. Do we have to go through this every time one of these guys shows up?

Those of you that keep feeding the fire, especially with your own cursing and namecalling, are just as annoying as he is. Instead of one buzzing fly, we have half a dozen. I am sick of the whole thing, and I ask you to stop it. If you feel you must toss barbs, then do so by private message or email, rather than in public. However, I advise you to just leave him alone, and he'll go home.

TL
Yeah... What TexLaw said... =D>
You bunch of 'Dumb-Asses'. #-o

TexLaw said:
Folks, I'm still amazed that you continue to humor BBQmmm by arguing back at him. Do we have to go through this every time one of these guys shows up?

Those of you that keep feeding the fire, especially with your own cursing and namecalling, are just as annoying as he is. Instead of one buzzing fly, we have half a dozen. I am sick of the whole thing, and I ask you to stop it. If you feel you must toss barbs, then do so by private message or email, rather than in public. However, I advise you to just leave him alone, and he'll go home.

TL

I seriously doubt he'll go home. He is approaching 1000 posts on the Texas BBQ Rub forum. Goes by a different handle. Can you guess who he is?

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3s236i0g]Larry?

Not me, my post count on TXBBQ Rub is under 100. I wouldn't argue like him anyways, you guys already know I'm always right! 8-[[/quote:3s236i0g]
Larry, you just hit 37000!!!!! on this board!!! :!:

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1bc5bdfn][quote="Captain Morgan":1bc5bdfn]Larry?

Not me, my post count on TXBBQ Rub is under 100. I wouldn't argue like him anyways, you guys already know I'm always right! 8-[[/quote:1bc5bdfn]
Larry, you just hit 37000!!!!! on this board!!! :!:[/quote:1bc5bdfn] :-k

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":2gyzcm9q][quote="Larry Wolfe":2gyzcm9q][quote="Captain Morgan":2gyzcm9q]Larry?

Not me, my post count on TXBBQ Rub is under 100. I wouldn't argue like him anyways, you guys already know I'm always right! 8-[[/quote:2gyzcm9q]
Larry, you just hit 37000!!!!! on this board!!! :!:[/quote:2gyzcm9q] :-k[/quote:2gyzcm9q]
Board Total!! You posted the 37,000th post......

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":tio05kfk][quote="The Joker":tio05kfk][quote="Larry Wolfe":tio05kfk][quote="Captain Morgan":tio05kfk]Larry?

Not me, my post count on TXBBQ Rub is under 100. I wouldn't argue like him anyways, you guys already know I'm always right! 8-[[/quote:tio05kfk]
Larry, you just hit 37000!!!!! on this board!!! :!:[/quote:tio05kfk] :-k[/quote:tio05kfk]
Board Total!! You posted the 37,000th post......[/quote:tio05kfk]

Oh, gotcha!! That's cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom