KCBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well I finally got my KCSB official membership packet it the mail yesterday. I am pretty excited it came with an official membership card, a window sticker, a certificate suitable for framing and my first issue of the Bull sheet….Pretty cool. The only thing missing was a secret BBQ decoder ring,.....

Post a picture of the window sticker :razz: Is it one of those with the sticky stuff on the face and you stick it on the inside (protecting it from the elements) so those outside can see it or the bumpsticker variety?

DATsBBQ said:
Post a picture of the window sticker :razz: Is it one of those with the sticky stuff on the face and you stick it on the inside (protecting it from the elements) so those outside can see it or the bumpsticker variety?
It's one of the bumbersticker varitey #-o

wittdog said:
Well I finally got my KCSB official membership packet it the mail yesterday. I am pretty excited it came with an official membership card, a window sticker, a certificate suitable for framing and my first issue of the Bull sheet….Pretty cool. The only thing missing was a secret BBQ decoder ring,.....
You don't get your ring until you become a CBJ :grin:

Not really sure if a KCBS membership is really doing anything. The website blows. I like to support worthwhile organizations but I can't see the value here yet after 1 year. I'll listen to anyone who can intelligently enlighten me. I'm waiting for them to have "members only comps". You would think they would be more active at the contests trying to get new memberships. Food for thought.

It's going to come to that at some point. I predict there will be contests in the future where "no electronics" are the rule. Just like in drag racing. Many tracks have box and no box classes. Most probably have no idea what I'm talking about but those that do will certainly see the similarities. Part of the challenge of bbq is being able to maintain a fire at a consistant temp over a certain period of time. With the advent of people now "boiling" the meat in 4-5 hours, there's no need for lengthy cooks except for those that would desire to cook the more traditional way...long. It would be sort of like having an adjustable counter weight in a bowling ball that senses, electronically, how the ball releases off your hand and the variation of the intended path being monitored and the counter weights moving to correct the throw so it goes along the path you intended. I know there are arguments for both but I think the playing field needs to be leveled and everyone. Next they'll be hooking up briskets to IV's and juicing them based on some sensor they put in the meat to monitor moistness. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. :!:

Uncle Bubba said:
Next they'll be hooking up briskets to IV's and juicing them based on some sensor they put in the meat to monitor moistness.
I wouldn't doubt that, but, I think the electronics part are here to stay. Just my $.000002...

Uncle Bubba said:
It's going to come to that at some point. I predict there will be contests in the future where "no electronics" are the rule. Just like in drag racing. Many tracks have box and no box classes. Most probably have no idea what I'm talking about but those that do will certainly see the similarities. Part of the challenge of bbq is being able to maintain a fire at a consistant temp over a certain period of time. With the advent of people now "boiling" the meat in 4-5 hours, there's no need for lengthy cooks except for those that would desire to cook the more traditional way...long. It would be sort of like having an adjustable counter weight in a bowling ball that senses, electronically, how the ball releases off your hand and the variation of the intended path being monitored and the counter weights moving to correct the throw so it goes along the path you intended. I know there are arguments for both but I think the playing field needs to be leveled and everyone. Next they'll be hooking up briskets to IV's and juicing them based on some sensor they put in the meat to monitor moistness. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. :!:

How about 20 minute grilled chicken. Should they outlaw that too? :grin:

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Having had the chance to sit in and watch a comp,(and drink all of Bruce's beer)!
I hope i'm not out of line to say, when the judges walked up to the booth the guy's were cooking in, I felt alot of tension amongst the ranks :eek:

Excuse my ramblings but that was different, not what I expected, i'm just trying to understand how everything at a comp works.
If this post is wrong chime up pro's and let me know 8-[

Tension is a part of competition. Not sure what you are exactly referring to, but when me, Rev, Finney and Larry cooked together, there were punches thrown. Larry is now in a wheelchair and Rev lost an eye. Thanks goodness we got a first place in Anything Butt, otherwise
the local hogs were gonna eat good. But when the comp ended, we got
back to being people who still talk to each other from month to month.

Captain Morgan said:
Tension is a part of competition. Not sure what you are exactly referring to, but when me, Rev, Finney and Larry cooked together, there were punches thrown. Larry is now in a wheelchair and Rev lost an eye. Thanks goodness we got a first place in Anything Butt, otherwise
Man.....and I was thinking about coming down for SOTB! :eek:
If I do , i'll have to take out a new insurance policy #-o

Puff said:
Captain Morgan said:
You might have to buy a helmet :razz:

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Captain Morgan said:
You might have to buy a helmet :razz:
:lmao: :lcry: :lmao: \:D/ :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom