Just got 'home' from dinner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
Just got 'home' from dinner at F.I.G. in Charleston. F.I.G. stands for "Food Is Good". They should add another letter into the name. It should be... F.I.D.G. "Food Is Damn Good".

Had some of the best oyster stew I have ever eaten in my life (and I make damn good oyster stew) for an appetizer, and grouper with fennel (imagine that). Pureed yukon gold potatoes and sauted spinach as sides.

Had a very good red wine (at least for the meal). The wine was Tandem, Peleton, a blend of several grapes.

If you're in 'Chucktown', check out F.I.G.

Next time you go ask for the Chef/owner Mike Latta. He's a hell of a nice guy and a BBQ nut. He likes to hang with those fellas from Black Jack.

Mike is a large contributer to the Slow Food convivium here in Charleston. His food is really good.

Jack

lol sheww had to look that word up .. that's at LEAST a 75 cent word lol :eek:

con·viv·i·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-vv-l)
adj.
Fond of feasting, drinking, and good company; sociable. See Synonyms at social.
Merry; festive: a convivial atmosphere at the reunion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Late Latin convvilis, from Latin convvium, banquet : com-, com- + vvere, to live; see gwei- in Indo-European Roots.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
con·vivi·ali·ty (-l-t) n.
con·vivi·al·ly adv.
convivial

convivial was Word of the Day on September 8, 2000.

convivial

adj : occupied with or fond of the pleasures of good company; "a convivial atmosphere at the reunion"; "a woman of convivial nature"; "he was a real good-time Charlie" [syn: good-time]

I'll do that. Food is excellent.

Black Jack 'celebrity' BBQ Team. I'd hang with them too. Except, didn't they leave very early from the "Q" Cup? That's not cool.
They sale his sauce at Charleston Cooks. I tried to get Woody to contact Charleston Cooks to get in there. They have a SC products section. Don't think he ever did. :)

That's the one. Jimmy Hagood and the boys. He bought Frank Collins' rig from Cheerwine when Frank retired. He's involved with Slow Food as well. He's hooking up with Emile DeFelice from Caw Caw Creek. Caw Caw is selling a pastured natural hog. He was doing some work with Ossabaws, trying to bring the breed back. He's being successful. The pork is excellent. He won't sell whole hogs. The stuff ain't cheap.

http://www.cawcawcreek.com/

Just something to talk about.

Jack

Finney, save on one of them lavish dinners and BUY A CAMERA!! #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom