It Ain't Grillin', It Ain't Bbq, But, It Sure Is Good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Okay, so I ordered a sack of crawfish the other day for what would be the last crawfish boil I would do for this year. I picked them up this afternoon and it turned out to be 38 lbs of hard shelled pinchers. Their shells get harder as it gets later in the season and this makes them a lil harder to peel.

38 lb sack of mudbugs waiting for a bath
papworth010.jpg

Ain't dey purtty?
papworth012.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta get in there and "git 'em"
papworth014.jpg

I swear, if they pinch me, I'll pinch their tails!
papworth016.jpg

After a couple of drinks, they'll do anything to avoid being put into a pot of boiling water with seasoning.
papworth018.jpg

They are almost boiling now!
papworth020.jpg

Done! And ready to be eaten.
papworth021.jpg

ARE YOU F!!!ing kidding me, I have wanted to do a boil for, I sh*t you not 2 years, Looks F..in awsome man....As wierd as this may sound to some, did you suck the heads?

Thanks guys, of course I suck da heads. If you don't, you just ain't eatin' crawfish the way they are supposed to be eaten. No, I didn't eat them all by myself. I did put a good dent in them though and the other 5 of my family ate their share too. I like having leftover crawfish cause what we don't eat, we peel and make stuff like crawfish ettoufe and other good meals. I hope to use some on a pizza I plan to do on the grill tonight. If you guys EVER get the opportunity to attend a crawfish boil, do so. Thanks again all.

If you are considering sucking the heads for the first time, bite the bullet and do it...changing to sucking heads put boils from about a 5/10 for me to a 9/10. If you can ever put the pansyness aside and try it once, you won't go back.

Good lookin boil! I have been to like 6 of these in the last 3 months and am getting my fill before the gulf issue prices them out of my range.

One last word of advice: the spicyness of a boil is a function of one variable-cook beer intake...if you are not into spicy food, get your crawfish from one of he first boils of the day before he has a chance to drink that first 6 pack.

Fine looking batch o bugs ya got there. We get invited to one huge crawdad boil each year. Always a bunch of fun and good eats. I am a dedicated head sucker myself. Now do you make yours puke up in salt water in their bath or you just use straight water maybe? Seems there has been some heated controversies on that topic in times past. The one we go to they are heavily into the salt water soak.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom