Iron Chef America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ScottyDaQ said:
Ok.... Umm... It was a peanut battle.

Our illustrious Chef Bobby Flay.....(holding back my vomit).... Boiled 2 racks of spares.... the deep fried them. :shock:

Did he boil them in liquid smoke? Or has he found a new recipe? :mrgreen:

JamesB said:
While I have never and will never boil ribs... He did have only 1 hour to prepare them... The really BAD thing was all 3 of the judges saying how great they tasted!

James.

Probably cause they never had ribs done the right way in thier lives, as prissy as some of them seem they would not get thier hand messy, LOL.

Like James said, they only had one hour. And folks, don't think for a minute the show isn't rigged, it's there for your entertainment and for them to make money!

wboggs said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Like James said, they only had one hour. And folks, don't think for a minute the show isn't rigged, it's there for your entertainment and for them to make money!
I know I keep asking myself "What a coincidence it is that they have all the correct ingredients and garnishes for a perfect match to the ""Surprise"" ingredient"? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

It's fun to watch and great to see the plating that they do! My favorite show on FN is Ham on the Street!

Nick Prochilo said:
wboggs said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2f98dffk]Like James said, they only had one hour. And folks, don't think for a minute the show isn't rigged, it's there for your entertainment and for them to make money!
I know I keep asking myself "What a coincidence it is that they have all the correct ingredients and garnishes for a perfect match to the ""Surprise"" ingredient"? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

It's fun to watch and great to see the plating that they do! My favorite show on FN is Ham on the Street![/quote:2f98dffk]

My favorites are molto mario and pauls home cooking. Good eats is good some of the time but it can get to much in detail for me. One show I do miss though is a cooks tour. I wish they would show the old reruns.

Chris

You can find his show on the Travel Channel now. Cigarette and all, I still like his style.

Tim

In my opinion, as long as he didn't boil 'em and slap some BBQ sauce on 'em and try and pawn 'em off as 'qued ribs, then I'm cool with them being par-boiled.

Not a practice that I would do under normal circumstances. But like some one already mentioned, he only had an hour or less to have them ready.

I would have tried them. They may have actually been good.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, or in this case, a rack of ribs.

Tim

Finney said:
What's wrong with deep frying ribs?

Best show on Food Network now is "Dinner Impossible". Or whatever it's called.

I'll second that! I love George and George too.

that Dinner Impossible is fun...anyone see the one at the football game
where they gave him no food to prepare for 30 people? He had to beg
borrow and steal from the guys tailgating in the parking lot.

Captain Morgan said:
that Dinner Impossible is fun...anyone see the one at the football game
where they gave him no food to prepare for 30 people? He had to beg
borrow and steal from the guys tailgating in the parking lot.

No, but I do know he did one that will show later. He did something with the Santa Barbara Film Festival in Feb. Can't wait for that one. The 18th century food is my fav so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom