Irene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alive and fine. Storms starting to end. Rain should stop within an hour or two. Wind will probably last a fe hours past that. Power went out at 5:30AM and after a quick ride around, I'd guess I'll have no power for about a week. Yeah, no WSM today but I'll have the grill gong later!

Watching the news and you were the first one I thought of. If you have a very long extension cord I'll be happy to share a little juice. Here's hoping it doesn't take a week to get back up and running. Be safe.

1/3 of the island has lost power. A quick ride around the area I can see where the line is that fell. Problem is beyond that there are trees and branches hanging on too many electric lines so they won't restore power until the other lines are cleared. No biggie, I refuse to defrost my freezer so there is a chunk of ice in it. That should have no problem staging frozen if left unopened. The refridg is getting emptied quickly so I waste nothing. A cooler with ice will work.

Nick, I am sure that your neighbors would love it if you would help clear the downed trees in their yards. Pecan, apple, hickory. It's ok to be choosey.

Nick... we were without power for 8 days and 10 days a couple of years ago... I know how that feels and I hope it comes back on soon for y'all.

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3lhos4mq]Pretty much pine and tulip trees went down
So......you my friend are hooked up with the wood you use! :mrgreen:
Only in my electric smoker, you know, like yours![/quote:3lhos4mq]
8)

I was finding it hard to believe resident of the Island would be without power
for more than 3 days.

I lost power for 6 days in Murrells Inlet during Hugo. No ac sucks, but the worst part
is no water heater. Cold showers suck the most!

Captain Morgan said:
I was finding it hard to believe resident of the Island would be without power
for more than 3 days.

I lost power for 6 days in Murrells Inlet during Hugo. No ac sucks, but the worst part
is no water heater. Cold showers suck the most!

They are still at least a week away from restoring power to everybody.Main roads still have traffic lights out and trees still blocking them. They came into my neighborhood last night like an army, very impressive. 5 or 6 trucks going and cutting limbs out of the way and another 5 or 6 hooking electric lines back up. I wasn't worried if I had to live without electric for a week, the heat subsided a lot and we shut the a/c off, food lasted in cooler and hot showers are over rated! :LOL:

Hey Nick..glad to hear yall came out ok. Praying hard for those folks who were not so fortunate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom