Invesment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I recieved this email from my FIL

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now
be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original
$1000.With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Delta airlines stock you would have
$49.00 left. If you had purchased United Airlines you would have nothing
left.

But, if you had purchased $1000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all
the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling refund you
would have $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink
heavily and recycle. This is called the 401-Keg Plan.

Well I have had a couple of the stocks you mention and lost my a$$ with them. I do like your last plan. Drink and get reinburse. Just think JB would have over 400 Bud Light cans if he kept just one from each video.

Tannehill Kid said:
Well I have had a couple of the stocks you mention and lost my a$$ with them. I do like your last plan. Drink and get reinburse. Just think JB would have over 400 Bud Light cans if he kept just one from each video.

Bud Dry Boy ;)

Good point Dave.

surfinsapo said:
Buy low- sell high- drink all= turn in cans.... :shock:
Funny thing is that we have a huge storage building next to the club house at the camp ground, and NO one wants to take The cans back, plus I do clean up after weekends. (5 cents a piece) Took me 4 hrs to take them all back, cash in, and fill the motor home with gas. ($170.00) Fill the propane. ($38.00) And still had cash left over for a oil change and lube on the generator and motor home. ($28.00) Thats $236.00 worth of service. I think I had a couple of bucks left over at the end. :D I'll take the time to turn cans and bottles in. :LOL: Think we took back 536 cans @ a nickel a piece, thats $268.00. I gave a bud a twenty for use of his cube van. :D

Think your right Jim, but I know how much cash I had in hand. Adult Beverages will do that ya know. :shock: :LOL: So where did I go wrong? We took two 20X10 foot loads of cans. :shock: My math stinks. All I know is that my pal took care of me! We had a TON of returnables. It cost Low Dough, no dough. Glad camping season is over. Got a full fuel RV And will live to do it again. ;)

Got no problems here. I'm good at math, always have been. Got it calculated out that I got to work three days after I'm dead to retire. And that's figuring in vacation time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom