Interesting WebSite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd heard that the problem over on the Texas Board was that someone said that he was just repackaging the Texas BBQ Rub and selling it as his own and then advertising the rub on the Texas site. Don't know if that's true or not but just trying to get some free advertising for rub on a competitor's web site was probably enough to get him booted.

Interesting comment about the Pig Powder tasting like KC Masterpiece chips without the chips. That's very similar to the taste of Chris Lilly's Big Bob Gibson's BBQ rub. I wondering if he was repackaging that rub as well.

Kloset BBQR said:
I'd heard that the problem over on the Texas Board was that someone said that he was just repackaging the Texas BBQ Rub and selling it as his own and then advertising the rub on the Texas site. Don't know if that's true or not but just trying to get some free advertising for rub on a competitor's web site was probably enough to get him booted.

Interesting comment about the Pig Powder tasting like KC Masterpiece chips without the chips. That's very similar to the taste of Chris Lilly's Big Bob Gibson's BBQ rub. I wondering if he was repackaging that rub as well.

I can assure you Pig Powder was not TXBBQ Rub! Two totally different tasting rubs.

Kloset BBQR said:
Finney said:
I was thinking of repackaging Fatz rub and calling it Skinny's. 8-[

I think Larry has the right to that name with his Splenda Rub. :grin:

That's a great idea!!! See why can't I ever think about ideas like that! :-(

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":1wlmf0m6]
Finney said:

That's a great idea!!! See why can't I ever think about ideas like that! :-([/quote:1wlmf0m6]

Larry, but for the high sugar contents of rubs and sauces BBQ could be marketed as Atkins friendly. I think that there is a big market for good sauces and rubs that are compatable with an Atkins diet.

Use tomato puree instead of ketchup, that cuts down considerably on the carb count as well.

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2r7qs6zz][quote="Kloset BBQR":2r7qs6zz]
Finney said:

That's a great idea!!! See why can't I ever think about ideas like that! :-([/quote:2r7qs6zz]

Larry, but for the high sugar contents of rubs and sauces BBQ could be marketed as Atkins friendly. I think that there is a big market for good sauces and rubs that are compatable with an Atkins diet.

Use tomato puree instead of ketchup, that cuts down considerably on the carb count as well.[/quote:2r7qs6zz]

Absolutely! You wanna job with the Wolfe Rub Co.? Seriously you have some great ideas, keep em' coming, you'll make "me" rich one day! LOL

Back
Top Bottom