Infrared Grills by Solaire - video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bknox said:
Thanks for the video, I learned something new today. Do you own one of these? They seem super accurate and nice looking as well.
I own the portable grill.. I just ordered the burner and a regulator ro mod my big stainless pit... I'm going to get the marine grade stainless portable next...Mine now is cheapo from another generic company....

surfinsapo said:
bknox said:
Thanks for the video, I learned something new today. Do you own one of these? They seem super accurate and nice looking as well.
I own the portable grill.. I just ordered the burner and a regulator ro mod my big stainless pit... I'm going to get the marine grade stainless portable next...Mine now is cheapo from another generic company....

Are you not happy with the generic one, seems like you did some pretty good stuff on it?

John A. said:
surfinsapo said:
bknox said:

Are you not happy with the generic one, seems like you did some pretty good stuff on it?
It worked good until the regulator froze.. It gets cold and the propane doesn't flow right.. I found out the metal wasn't the best stainless steel either.. It worked great though... I still advise people to get one.. Just get one from Solaire so you get the good stainless steel..
Solaire Grills

I have the Solaire Anywhere grill.

I converted it to natural gas.

I HATE IT!

I've only tried using it twice.

First time I thought it was successful. The burner never fully turned red. Just in the center.

The second time was Superbowl Sunday.

I couldn't get it lit.

It was a tiny bit windy.

I finally got it lit and it blew out immediately.

After trying for an hour I switched the hose back to my built-in DCS.

I called Rasmussen and explained the problem.

Their answer? Oh yeah, we know about that and it's on the forum.

I went to their site and there is a forum.

Complaints about not being able to use it in the wind.

Would they do anything about it?

NO!

I live in a windy area.

Did I mention I hate the Anywhere and Rasmussen?

It wasn't cheap AND I bought the tripod for a worthless grill.

Do I recommend it? hahahahahahahaaaaa

Sapo... save your money!

On the other hand my friend owns a 42 inch on a cart and loves it.

mar52 said:
I have the Solaire Anywhere grill.

I converted it to natural gas.

I HATE IT!

I've only tried using it twice.

First time I thought it was successful. The burner never fully turned red. Just in the center.

The second time was Superbowl Sunday.

I couldn't get it lit.

It was a tiny bit windy.

I finally got it lit and it blew out immediately.

After trying for an hour I switched the hose back to my built-in DCS.

I called Rasmussen and explained the problem.

Their answer? Oh yeah, we know about that and it's on the forum.

I went to their site and there is a forum.

Complaints about not being able to use it in the wind.

Would they do anything about it?

NO!

I live in a windy area.

Did I mention I hate the Anywhere and Rasmussen?

It wasn't cheap AND I bought the tripod for a worthless grill.

Do I recommend it? hahahahahahahaaaaa

Sapo... save your money!

On the other hand my friend owns a 42 inch on a cart and loves it.
My off brand infrared grill works great if the propane tank isn't low. The wind does mess with it a bit. All gas burners have issues is the wind. It messes with the venturi for gas/air mixture...Do you want to sell your piece of crap portable to me?

My off brand infrared grill works great if the propane tank isn't low. The wind does mess with it a bit but not nearly as bad as a Solaire. They suck in the wind and there is no way to fix that....Do you want to sell your piece of crap portable to me?

There, I fixed it for you SS.

John A. said:
My off brand infrared grill works great if the propane tank isn't low. The wind does mess with it a bit but not nearly as bad as a Solaire. They suck in the wind and there is no way to fix that....Do you want to sell your piece of crap portable to me?

There, I fixed it for you SS.

I'm thinking of converting it back to LP.

The conversion kit was almost $100.

To convert it you change out the valve/oriface/regulator combination.

When you do this there isn't any high, low or medium on the control knob. That was my first issue.

I actually sell the brand and I am not happy with their service. I might suggest to the sales rep that if they don't repair or take my unit back we'll drop the line. I sell other brands I like much better. I buy other lines (not bbq) from him and have known him for years.

I couldn't believe how they handled my call. I called as a customer, not a dealer.

I'm not happy with it at all. That doesn't make it easy to sell the line to others.

Guess my next move will be to take it to work and let my tech look at it.

It's irratating to say the least.

mar52 said:
I'm thinking of converting it back to LP.

The conversion kit was almost $100.

To convert it you change out the valve/oriface/regulator combination.

When you do this there isn't any high, low or medium on the control knob. That was my first issue.

I actually sell the brand and I am not happy with their service. I might suggest to the sales rep that if they don't repair or take my unit back we'll drop the line. I sell other brands I like much better. I buy other lines (not bbq) from him and have known him for years.

I couldn't believe how they handled my call. I called as a customer, not a dealer.

I'm not happy with it at all. That doesn't make it easy to sell the line to others.

Guess my next move will be to take it to work and let my tech look at it.

It's irratating to say the least.
The problem that I noticed is that the air/gas combo has to be perfect or it won't stay lit. A breeze will mess it up in a hurry. I bought a portable infrared burner from them to experiment with. I'll try to make a shield around the end of it and see if that helps.. I'll post up if I have success...How is the the actual SS contruction holding up? Did you get the marine grade?

Back
Top Bottom