In Memorial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Merlyn, our Collie passed in his sleep last night. He was 13 yrs, 1 month and 7 days old. Perhaps just a coincidence, but he died on the birthday our other dog (see Avatar) who preceeded him in death. Don't feel too much like talking just now.
MerlynMar2000.jpg

Sorry to hear that Dats. Dogs are part of the family and I had to put down my Chocolate Lab "Drake" a couple years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. A member on another board sent me THIS and it helped ease the pain. So I'd like to pass it on to you and hope it does the same for you.

Dats I am truly sorry for your loss. Truly!
Having lost my girl last year I think I know what your going through :(

There are people, and there are people who love dogs.
I'm sorry, my friend.

I hear so many people say they just can't get another because of the pain.

Get another.

There's a reason DOG is man's best friend.....

And Adam said, "Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me every day. Now I do not see you anymore. I am lonesome here and it is difficult for me to remember how much you love me."

And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will know I love you, even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish and childish and unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourself."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam.

And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam, and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "But Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom, and all the good names are taken, and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem! Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

Sorry for your loss..........

That's a thoughy. We've lost 4 over the years. Last one was a Dobe about 2 years old to cancer. What a shame. That's why i don't have one now. Too hard to say goodbye. :cry:
Hang in there buddy.

Sorry to hear for the loss Dats....both Dog's BEAUTIFUL animals....being with your family I'm sure they had a great life!

You know, I used to make fun of people who mourned deeply over pets......that was until we got one and had to put that 6 year old dog down. I never cried so hard for any human being in my life! Dogs bring so much to the table as far as unconditional love and acceptance, that , when they leave us, the void is HUGE!!!! I feel your pain! Woody

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. They become such a vital part of our families and it's really hard when they have to leave us.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The Mrs had me print Larry's link to the rainbow bridge. It will be an adjustment. We will, when the time is right, get another dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom