Important!!! ..... Watch out for SPAMMERS on BBQ-4-U.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
There seems to be a lot of Spammers hitting this site.

If you see a post that has a link that says Click Here....Be wary. Especially if they a member with only a few posts.

You can move you mouse over the link and look down at the bottom of your browser (status bar) and it'll show you the URL address of the link. If it doesn't show one of the major photo hosting sites like Imageshack, Photobucket, Kodak, Flicker, etc... Don't even bother.

If when visiting a site and you're confronted with File Download dialog, or a security warning....Close your browser immediately! Then clear your temporary internet files, and cookies. For Windows, Click Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, > Delete Files, and Delete Cookies.

Unfortunately, Spammers will not go away. The only way to fight the them is with some basic education on what NOT to do.

If you start to see a bunch of pop ups, or your home page has changed, or you have other computer/internet problems...send me a private message and I can give you further advice.

Obviously Greg deleted the totally nude hour long video of of Britanny and Paris and a bottle of Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce/Honey Combo! You guys think everything is spam!

From what I have noticed, if you look at the latest member user name at the bottom of the page you can pretty well tell if they need to be deleted or not. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom