I'm callin you out Helen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Ok Helen, so I went on your music journal thingy and read your "misguided" comments on "The Greatest Musical (that's right, not "rock", but rather "musical") Group of ALL TIME, THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!

"OVER RATED?"
"2 Bugs dead-2 to go?????????"

I have been a musician, and a music aficionado most of my life. I enjoy music from almost every genre except hip hop (which really is beat poetry and not music.) I like Classical,Progressive, Metal, Punk,Grunge, Jazz, Pop, Power Pop, New Age, New Wave and on and on...........My statement is simply this: Nobody, nowhere, at no time in history contributed more to the world of music and culture than the fab four!. It is almost impossible not to find something you like by them. From Dizzy Miss Lizzy, to Run for Your Life, to If I Needed Someone. And Your Bird Can Sing, to Michelle, to She's Leaving Home to Yellow Submarine. The simplicity of Harrison's guitar solos. The cutting edge harmonies. The lead role in societal evolution. THE SHEER VOLUME OF THE BODY OF WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not appreciate them.....you know NOTHING about music!!!!!!!(not you personally, but the universal you.)
I really do not like country music, but I can listen to Merle Haggard, or Hank Williams, or Johnny Cash, and see the contribution! Come on Helen! I dare you to put "Revolver" or Rubber Soul" on and tell me it's "overrated! Your Friend,

Woodman

Finney said:
Damn...............

I opened this up thinkinhg he was going to try and force you to post the Belly Ring pictures. #-o

Thelonious Monk was the greatest musician ever. 8-[

Me too :eek:
Come on Helen lets have em' :!:

Finney said:
Damn...............

I opened this up thinkinhg he was going to try and force you to post the Belly Ring pictures. #-o

Thelonious Monk was the greatest musician ever. 8-[

Me three! But Woody is right this time!

Well.... Way to go Woodlimper. Thanks to you, it's now not likely that she'll ever show us belly pics, or any other pics of her for that matter. Haven't you learned to never disagree with a woman? :)

Woodman, my friend, you make a good point about some of your comments. I just have one word for you. Bach.

I'm a lovah, not a fighter. Your pal, Helen

Woody and Brian are both right. The Beatles and the Dead. Nothing finer. Period. End of inquiry. No need to say more.

Griff

Helen_Paradise said:
Woodman, my friend, you make a good point about some of your comments. I just have one word for you. Bach.

Ah, now Bach puts me to sleep! But he was a prolific little bugger! Believed that music's only purpose was to glorify God you know! Prokofiev is my fav in the classical dept!

Woodman said:
Helen_Paradise said:

Ah, now Bach puts me to sleep! But he was a prolific little bugger! Believed that music's only purpose was to glorify God you know! Prokofiev is my fav in the classical dept!

I've always been kind of partial to Ernest Tubb and the Texas Troubadour Band.

Finney said:
brian j said:
Finney said:
The Dead?!?!?!? #-o
maybe you just haven't been in the right state of mind. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Trust me... I've been in about every state of mind (no matter what it (or I) took to get there) and I've never seen the mass apeal of the Dead. Sorry.

Monk, Monk, Monk.........

I've got to say I agree with you on the Dead!

Not that Im siding with anyone, but I also could really care less about the Beatles. I can really take them or leave 'em...

So Helen, that being said, feel free to pm me those pics !

john pen said:
Not that Im siding with anyone, but I also could really care less about the Beatles. I can really take them or leave 'em...

So Helen, that being said, feel free to pm me those pics !

Remember how I was gonna have you over and show you my pit this week???????? Well...........

Back
Top Bottom