I'm callin you out Helen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
Chris, Have you ever seen "Pink Floyd-Live at Pompei"? If not, I highly reccommend it! I think it was filmed in 1971 and alot of it was filmed in the studio (Abbey Road Studios where the Beatles recorded by the way) [/i]while they were recording Dark Side. Most of the stuff they play live is from "Meddle" "Saucerful of Secrets" and Ummagumma," but this is perhaps the best live rock movie EVER! A MUST SEE! Woodman

ps I saw the "Wish You Were Here" tour at Three Rivers in Pittsburgh in 74 and the "Animals" tour in Cleveland in 76(?).

Woodman got the dvd last night and watched it. Man that was great. I got the directors cut which had the orignal verson too. Watched the orignal last night was that great with surround sound. I watch a little of the directors cut at work today I did not think it was as good as the orignal.

Thanks for the advice Woodman,
Chris

WEll, Zilla is from Tejas? While down there at Q-Fest, we were all drinking one night (well, all nights!) and standing next to Q'n-Brew's truck with Zilla, and Jimmy (Michelob) and Mac listening to this WILD CD of Dark Side of the Moon done by a Raggae band! It was GREAT!

Hey Woodman that segment of Q-Fest will always stand out in my mind....It's actually one of the only segments I remember. That and something about honeysuckle #-o . That CD was by "Easy Star And The All Stars" called "Dub Side Of The Moon" it was QnBrews. It really is an amazing CD. The South by South West Music Conference is in full swing down here. We got all kinds of ear candy in Tejas.

Cappy that UKE Piece was very very cool, thanks

I know Zilla! Morrisey, one of my all time favs is there! The Plimsouls too I believe! Lucky dogs!

I agree with Woody 100% on this one. Pauls bass guitar in "The Ballad of John & Yoko" is a masterful display of melody. Simple, but when Geddy Lee of Rush says that bass line Paul played inspired him, I had to go listen to it over, and over again to understand. All that being said, todays music sucks. You can keep the Velvet Teddybears and Clay Aikens. :rant:
OK Greg, I will go easy on Kelly because she is very cute, and has a powerful voice too. My 15 year old girl really likes her so you do have good company. :razz:

Actually Dale, there have been a number of groups in the past 10 years that will stand the test of time...perhaps you have heard of groups such as:

- Peral Jam
- Nirvana
- Green Day
- Alice In Chains
- Run DMC

...I think Audioslave will be aroud for a while too...it's tatse really...when you baby boomers finally die off "your music" will be soon to follow!

Remeber, whatever generation you are in has the "best" music of all time!!

Now, about this Kelly Clarkson!! :eek:

Baby boomers are what my in-laws are. Im 43 going on 29. Really I am just a guy who tinkers with a Martin by day and a Strat by night.

Run DMC. hah ha
Thats a good one Greg.

If we're talking about the all time greats like RUN DMC, lets not forget Ton Loc and his funky cold madina !

John, you can hardly confuse Ton Loc with Run DMC...Ton Loc was a joke (no rhyme intended)!!

Dale...nothing funny about RUN DMC...rap may not be your style but you can't discount the fact that, had it not been for Run DMC and Russell Simmons, rap would have never made it to the level it is today...like it or not!

Run Dmc is to rap as "The Beatles" are to Rock n Roll...

Greg Rempe said:
- Peral Jam
- Nirvana
- Green Day
- Alice In Chains
- Run DMC
- Audioslave

Now, about this Kelly Clarkson!! :eek:

You can have Nirvana and Green Day, but the others are great pics. I always think of Sound Garden as being the best band of the 90s period. AIC rocked too but all the songs about Heroin addiction got to be a little much after a while. I agree with the Run DMC theory. I always loved the Areosmith/Run video of Walk this way. They were from Hollis Queens, about a 20min ride from where I grew up. It really was one of the nicer places in blue coller Queens. They were not from the ghetto.

Now, About Kelly Clarkson, 8-[ Lame.....

Dude, "Black Hole Sun" is AWSOME!!!!!!!! I also love "Plush" by STP!!!

I am glad that this thread has inspired some "intelligent" debate!

I agree with Soundgarden, Zilla...also, I forgot to mention KORN!

I won't debate the Kelly Clarkson issue...her sales and awards speak volumes... :eek:

Greg Rempe said:
I agree with Soundgarden, Zilla...also, I forgot to mention KORN!

I won't debate the Kelly Clarkson issue...her sales and awards speak volumes... :eek:

Thats true, what it speeks is that teenage girls will buy anything and enmass. :grin:

KORN??? Please! [-X I'd like to beat the dude who invented the MESA Dual Rectifier amp and the fool that took the 7 string jazz guitar and put it in the hands of an Ibanez engineer. #-o

Greg if youre gonna dig that far...gotta go back one more. The guys that opened the door for Run DMC ....The Sugar Hill Gang. Not a big rap fan here, but worked with most of them in the 80's. And with all tyhe Pink Floyd listings on here, anyone listened to the New Gilmour CD ? Just got it yesterday so trying to make time to listen to it all at once, not just bits here and there.

Zilla I agree, complete bubblegum...but even Russell Simmons will tell you they opened the door for the rest....Now Kelly...sales dont always reflect talent...but maybe theres a Milli Vinilli CD in Gregs closet....they sold alot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom